dd vs alpine vs infinity

Participant count
  • Participant list
well, i think that your trying to go with a sq set-up so i am going to say the infinity perfects.. these subs are GREAT, high wattage, loud, and awsome sq. get these u wont be disappoinetd, the others are fine to though:D

I tend to disagree with the Perfect, I think they have better SQ than the Type R, but I believe the Type R is capable of more SPL, thus giving it a better SQPL combo than would the Perfect. I've never heard a DD9515, but can tell you as most people know, tremendous SPL, not sure about the SQ side of things, BigBassman has spent some time with DD products, maybe he would be able to shed some light on the SQ you can expect.

2-12's for $400

Adire Audio Shiva

Idmax-not sure on price

JL Audio

Just to name a few, there are many more out there. Listen and Choose. Let your ears determine.

well i've heard now that the dd will dominate two of the alpines. so im almost certain i'll go w/the dd. i know that the perfects are def out of pic though if it comes down to it.

yes the DD's will run circles around the alpine's when it comes down to spl. but if your looking for a great mix of spl and sq then get the IDMAX's or braham's. the only thing is you said you wanted to spend about 400 on 2 subs the IDMAX's will run you roughly 400 a piece.

keep it thumpin,

adam

best all around, for daily listening of your original choices, weould liekly be the Type R's, great SQ, with nice SPL capabilites... jsut thro enoughwatts at em, put em in a nice seald box, and let your ears thank you...

well, which type r's?

the dual 2 ohm, or the dual 4 ohm, which ones are you geting ahold of?

all depends on which ones, as far as which impedance you will be putting on yoyur amp...

this im not sure of, and i dont know anything about taht amp, but get somethign taht will give each their full 300 watts RMS, and going over that wouldnt be a bad thing either, as tehre was a post with info stating someone saw a type R take 2100 Watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif ....

so like 400-500 shouild be great!

taht amp looks alittle expensive for teh power you are getting, as you can get a JBL 1200.1 for less tahn 3 bills...

anyone out tehr with some reccomendations for different amps?

with teh 4 ohm models, the amp should be 2 ohm stable, and with teh 2 ohm, 1 ohm stable... correct me if im wrong..

well i mean that autotek i hear is really nice. would that jbl actually push well? they are cheap as **** in price so that's a good thing. but what about in comparison to a mtx 81000d? i know that is about double the price too though.

hey wonderbread you are wrong in the wiring configuration. if you wire dual 2 ohm subs in parallel then you get a they present a 1 ohm each giving you a 1/2 ohm load that is a serious amp gonna cost serious cheeze, now in series you get a 4 ohm per sub meaning you need a 2 ohm stable amp. with the dual 4 ohm subs you get a 2 ohm per sub in parallel meaning you need a 1 ohm stable amp, now in series you get a 4 ohm mono load. it all depends on how you wire which amp you need. i suggest 2 of the dual 4 ohm subs with a jbl 1200.1 wired in parallel. that will get you the full amount of power out of that amp and won't over heat it. that is just my opinion.

keep it thumpin,

adam

ya mna that JBL is great,

thanks bumpin_blazer, i ahd no idea lol.

i was sjut guessing, all i knew was taht you get a hgiher load with teh dual 4 ohms...

thanks dood. i shall remeber that for the future...

yeah wire configurations can be a *****. i just started to get them down recently and finally i understand what people were telling me for so long. and hey no problem i like giving help on here it's a good time passer. either way crackerhead let us know what happens and how it looks man.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.