SOLD DD S4a

Loudman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Maryland
1. Product:

Thread for a ddS4a, one of the cleanest amp I have heard. I have one already so no need for this one. Its absolutely brand new in the box. Only powered up to test to see if it works and it does.

2. Specs:

Here are the specs

SPECIFICATIONS

Series S

Input Sensitivity 0.2V - 8V

Variable High Pass Filter 20 Hz - 500 Hz (200 - 5 kHz) at 24dB/Oct

Variable Low Pass Filter 50 Hz - 500 Hz (500 - 5 kHz) at 24dB/Oct

Clipping Display LED

Tested Voltage 14.4

Tested THD 1%

Model S4a

Cont Power at 4 ohm 100W x 2ch + 200W x 2ch

Cont Power at 2 ohm 150W x 2ch + 300W x 2ch

Damping Factor >550 @ 2 ohm

Cont Power at 1 ohm

Cont Power at 4 ohm Mono

300W x 1ch + 600W x 1ch

Dynamic Power 400W x 1ch + 800W x 1ch

Efficiency thru Output >64%

Dimensions - mm 420L x 232W x 63.5H

Dimensions - inches 16.54L x 9.13W x 2.5H

Signal to Noise 95 dB

Shipping Weight

3. Description/Condition:

Absolutely brand new, no scratches, no dents, no blemishes, no fingerprints!!! (lol)

4. Price: :

$425 obo and absolutely no TRADES!!!

5. Pictures:

photo5.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most 4 channels are 4x90 or 4x100. This give you 900 total rms watts to your internals. And have you heard one yet? I think not! Or you would not be asking that question.

I like these, I just wouldn't consider them the cleanest amp on the market today, even though they are super clean and very powerful, I'd rather have a rainbow Ipaul.

Well you may be right about that! However rainbow is twice as expensive! I have rainbow components in my doors! You guys on this forum confuse me! No one wants, I didn't say willing, want to pay top dollar for good products! But when you all want to contradict some one, you all bring up the names of expensive equipment! What's the fn deal!

Personally I don't pay retail on anything, and the only thing I have paid over $400 was my mmats amp and that was well worth it. I have an orion xtr 800.4 that probably does the same amount of power, and **** close to the same sq, and in great condition and I'm trying to get 190 shipped for it =/

But, there are DD nut huggers on here that would probably jump on this if they have money.

Nuthuggers?!?!? Why when some likes something different than others, it gets a negative label? And who care how much someone pays for something. 90% of american's do not pay for anything retail any more. And 425 is not even close to retail. All this crap you are talking, I would love to hear your vehicle and compare notes.

Rabble rabble rabble. I have never heard anything DD, i would like to, but i haven't, however 1% THD on an SQ amp seems like a lot to me? Thats almost audible distortion and is something that i would expect from a high current SPL amp at a low impedance

If you know your ears dont pick up distortion until it reaches greater than 20%. And look at most amps thd is tested at 1%. You are getting over 100 watts per channel. And trust me it sounds clean. Trust me, take an oscilloscope and listen to the music. Your ears dont pick up distortion until it reaches way over 1%. Also I had to edit the beginning post, it is ONE of the cleanest amps. I forgot about that Rainbow 4 channel, however it does not have any thump to it!!

I dont own any amps with a thd over 1% of course they're all old school sexyness my 1st gen orion xtr 475 has 60A of fusing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and its rated at 75x4 .04% THD. I was under the impression 1% THD was audible distortion. I would buy it to test try it but i has no munies + geoff is going to trade me his mmats and ill have to pay for shipping ;o)

lol I cant believe we are arguing here people at an amp that cost 800 dollars and he is selling it at 425+ shipping. Quite frankly Digital Designs is one of the top names in Audio in THE WORLD. They have more wins then ANYYYYYYYYYYYYY other brand in THE WORLD IN MANY DIFFERENT CLASSES. ALAN DANTE 181.8 DB. WITH one 18 inch Z18, ( proper name for the 99Z). I can name much more Ive hit 154 daily street beat with 2 15's

yes I know that we are talking about amps right now( not subs), and for the record im not flaming on anyone in particular, just want to bring out a point.

So the S4a well put out a dynamic power of over 1200 watts not 900 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

here are all your specs and info on this beautiful piece of art.

S4a

The S-Class amps have more of everything, more power, higher slope xovers, high grade pots and components. This amp class is aimed at the more complex installations where higher channel power, finer control and more precision is needed. The S-Class amp circuit uses higher capacity power supplies, bigger transformers, higher damping factor and higher current flowing PC Board's than the C-Class circuits. This amp class is further divided into two different chassis types. The S Class are full sized chassis amplifiers for high wattage applications and the SS Class are small chassis amplifiers where space is in short supply but sound quality is still a priority. The S-Class brings higher end design into affordable price points.

The S4a is a non-symmetrical output, 4 channel power amplifier. It features two channels with 2 x 100 Watts of power, plus two channels with 2 x 200 watts of power. This allows the amp to make more power where it is needed most. The S4 can be configured to run a variety of systems.

The 100 x 2 channels have 24dB/oct high pass, variable from 20Hz - 500Hz. The crossover also uses a 10x frequency switch, this moves the crossover range to 200Hz to 5kHz. There are 4 calibrated dial markings to help frequency settings.

The 200 x 2 channel has the same 20-5kHz high pass and 50 - 5kHz low pass, 24dB/oct, with 10x frequency multiplier switch. Each filter has individual on/off switches for ultimate flexibility. A clipping indicator circuit is included to monitor real power conditions. The amp uses separate power supplies for each set of channels.

this amp can play at 1 0hm stable but you need to know what you are doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

have a great day everyone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Loudman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Loudman
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date