DD 9918 D1 SC All carbon

MrFoca

CarAudio.com Veteran
MD
Item(s) for Sale:

Got out of car audio for the most part and this is my last subwoofer to sell. bought this fresh reconed off a guy who knew joe price and these were the subs that came out of his S10 before switching to SQ subs.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

sub has a fresh recone, 6 spiders it's very stiff. D1 coils with the supercharged option.

I ran the sub off my CT2200.1 at 2 ohms for break in before selling the amp, sub is still very stiff.

Sub has about 15 mins playtime on it so far. I'm a honest seller and want to be totally up front about everything. Basket did not affect the sub at all just looks.

I had to punch out the mounting holes that's how I found the issue.

Price:

500.00 obo

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

on buyer.

Item Pictures:

Fck'n a this won't last long. I sure wish I had the cash that's a freaking steal even with the trimmed basket. Might I add that that looks to be the Kevlar cone the carbon as far as I know was black. the Kevlar comes in yellow or red depending on the weight. Maybe wrong but that's what I gathered from reading and what jack told me. Either way free $200 dollar cone at this price.

Fck'n a this won't last long. I sure wish I had the cash that's a freaking steal even with the trimmed basket. Might I add that that looks to be the Kevlar cone the carbon as far as I know was black. the Kevlar comes in yellow or red depending on the weight. Maybe wrong but that's what I gathered from reading and what jack told me. Either way free $200 dollar cone at this price.

I'm pricing this fair only due to the basket. Look at the triple joint man. Very beefed up. Each sub had 4 SQ3500 on them. But thanks for the words brother.

Yeah, triple joints with the composite cones get a ring of rope for extra support.

Although, it's not really a "triple joint" in the traditional sense. The composite cones are more flat and less deep, so you don't really get a spot where the cone, spider, and former meet. It's got two double joints, lol.

The front might be a carbon layer, but the yellow backing is definitely a kevlar layer. I'm not trying to post dump or thread jack. I think that it's listed at a great price, considering how valuable the composite cone alone is.

Also, for people who don't know, the cone and dust cap can both be cleaned and re-used. A definite plus!

GLWS!

Yeah, triple joints with the composite cones get a ring of rope for extra support.
Although, it's not really a "triple joint" in the traditional sense. The composite cones are more flat and less deep, so you don't really get a spot where the cone, spider, and former meet. It's got two double joints, lol.

The front might be a carbon layer, but the yellow backing is definitely a kevlar layer. I'm not trying to post dump or thread jack. I think that it's listed at a great price, considering how valuable the composite cone alone is.

Also, for people who don't know, the cone and dust cap can both be cleaned and re-used. A definite plus!

GLWS!
I noticed that one day also. So is it carbon on top the Kevlar ? I had one of the 9917 back in the day and it was all yellow cone.

Yep. Just send them to Tantric. They'll be "perfect".

GLWS, OP. This is a steal at 500$
K

I noticed that one day also. So is it carbon on top the Kevlar ? I had one of the 9917 back in the day and it was all yellow cone.
Yep, as far as I know. I do know for sure that the yellow is Kevlar

im not sure excatly how DD did it. they have a few things they could have done. BUT i know that when designing a composite cone if your designing it for ultimate strength you sandwich two layers of material between a foam core. but it coculd just be 2 skins or 3 skins. but honestly the 2 skins without hte core dont offer anymore stiffness over a typical paper cone..

that 99 looks uberbadass.

im not sure excatly how DD did it. they have a few things they could have done. BUT i know that when designing a composite cone if your designing it for ultimate strength you sandwich two layers of material between a foam core. but it coculd just be 2 skins or 3 skins. but honestly the 2 skins without hte core dont offer anymore stiffness over a typical paper cone..that 99 looks uberbadass.
no idea buddy. If you know Joe price you could ask him about the history of these subs.

im not sure excatly how DD did it. they have a few things they could have done. BUT i know that when designing a composite cone if your designing it for ultimate strength you sandwich two layers of material between a foam core. but it coculd just be 2 skins or 3 skins. but honestly the 2 skins without hte core dont offer anymore stiffness over a typical paper cone..that 99 looks uberbadass.
AFAIK foam or other filler core when working in composites is just to give the project some bulk (at lower cost than more layers of carbon/kevlar) and not for strength. I doubt a speaker cone needs any filler layer.

Can't believe this is still here for 500$. This must be the most broke-dik forum on the internet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.