DD 9515H.. Not impressed at all

the basket spider landing height is too short without the spacer columns. if the coil winding width is anything like most modern 12 pound coils everyone is using, without the spacer columns, you would break the spider/former glue joint WAY before you came close to full rear stroke (in motor). the spider O.D. is relatively tiny and does not sit up high in the basket, so you don't have use of the built-in upper spider landing height.

yeah i made a mistake on what the supercharge option was...which i corrected...also this sub is fresh out of the box brand new..and it is in fact an 18..i mistyped it..i was too busy thinking about other things...dyslexia kicked in haha

If this is a brand new in box sub, I would contact DD, I am sure they will straighten out the issue....They really didn't change much between the G and H motors, but I really don't know a lot of about the supercharging options.

Just like I posted on the other forum, these parts are no different than what they've been using for a while.

Their triple joints always look like that, at least on the 10+ cones I've had. The leads always look like that, and the direct connects (albeit wimpy) have always been like that as well. Regardless, those direct connects are still better than crappy spring terminals, even if it's not true 10 gauge.

The cones, yes, are flimsy. But they have been that way as long as I can remember. I've blown apart a few cones so I know they can be an issue, but unfortunately every other sub I've tested hasn't even come close to the 9500F's I have (the sundown zv.2 is the closest so far, not too far behind on the 10's), so I have to keep dealing with the parts. I don't like it that much, but they are loud as hell so I deal with it.

Dd has been Sub par for the last couple years. They are the classic story of the company that got a good name and could charge ridiculous prices for a product that is inferior to many. People are also under some impression that if it has dd on the cone it doesn't have a power rating. Idiots trying to put 1500 on a 2512 etc....

Call DD and get this taken care of. That subs looks like a slapped together model and it sure as hell should not have passed any QC. It just looks cheap and slapped together. I mean u think DD u think the best but that sub looks like a noob just rebuilt it and had no knowledge of what he was doing. For the price they charge I would expect perfection not some ugly/sloppy/sub-par build. I would be on the phone as soon as they open up and raise all kinds of hell. Demand they pay for shipping back to them IDK what their policy is. Soo glad I stopped using DD subs they were great for sure but I have run better quality drivers for far less money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hrtbrk1

5,000+ posts
1ManWreckinCrew
hrtbrk1
Boomer Sooner, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date