Dd 1508

azimuth
5,000+ posts

funded*by*soros
Denver, Co
i finally get to build a box for one. i always hear that they are a nice 8. i designed a box for it, and with major space constraints, i can squeeze .9 ported @ 38hz, using a 3 inch aero. can i expect to be surprised by this little thing in that box? i actually recommended this sub without ever hearing it:crap:. it's going underneath the back seat of a chevy extended cab. sub and port firing forward.

i finally get to build a box for one. i always hear that they are a nice 8. i designed a box for it, and with major space constraints, i can squeeze .9 ported @ 38hz, using a 3 inch aero. can i expect to be surprised by this little thing in that box? i actually recommended this sub without ever hearing it:crap:. it's going underneath the back seat of a chevy extended cab. sub and port firing forward.
you can only get .9 ported from under an ext cab seat? you're doing something wrong.

It should perform well either way though.

.9cu.ft is perfect...3" aero will work well too. Only thing I'm unsure about is sub/port forward, but it might turn out well. what are you waiting for, play it already!

you can only get .9 ported from under an ext cab seat? you're doing something wrong.
It should perform well either way though.
i'm working within the parameters of what he wants. 1/2 the space under the seat, on the drivers side, so it's not the entire length. and it actually came out to .85 at 38hz after displacement. it's too late, as he has the sub, but there aren't many other subs i could think of that would work in that small space. he ruled 6.5 inch subs out from jump.

I have 3 of them under the seat of my F-150 sub forward / port forward. I can tell you from experience, thats not the way to go. You either need to build a loading wall for the sub or I'd probably do sub down / port side in that truck.

They can bottom out pretty **** easily w/o someting to load off of, especially if that port is not loaded either. You've got to understand, the 1508 is like putting a Corvette motor on a motorcycle. These things are waaaayyyy over motored for the little amount of moving mass they have. They need something to load off or they look like the cones want to jump out of the **** basket.

I'm working on designing a new box for mine now...

They can bottom out pretty **** easily w/o someting to load off of, especially if that port is not loaded either. You've got to understand, the 1508 is like putting a Corvette motor on a motorcycle. These things are waaaayyyy over motored for the little amount of moving mass they have. They need something to load off or they look like the cones want to jump out of the **** basket.

I'm working on designing a new box for mine now...
haha...so the truth. loading is KEY with these. Building a smaller box helps, but it sacrifices the lows a bit which isn't my style.
Though I hear sub forward, port to the side would work well for you...and then if the sub unloads easily, use a plexy glass sheet to make a cool loading wall and will also protect from someone kicking the sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

did sub forward, 3 inch aero port to the passenger side. surprising little sh!t. gets pretty loud and low for an 8 in .85 cubes. i tried to take pics, but my camera is not working:crap: it could probably perform ok in an even smaller enclosure if absolutely neccesary. great sub for small spaces. thumbs up to DD.

What year ext cab chevy did this sub end up in?

I have some crazy designs for 2000+ ext cabs, one of them can even fit a DD2510 downfire w/ space on the passenger side for the amp to mount. There are some little tricks w/ ext cabs for boxes under the seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

azimuth

5,000+ posts
funded*by*soros
azimuth
Denver, Co
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date