DC lvl 2 8"

What does a drop-in comparison between two subs, in a single install/situation, really tell us about the over all comparison of those products in the general terms you are extrapolating it to? It tells us the lvl5 was a half db louder in that specific situation. Beyond that is mere guesswork.
dude don't argue with him, he'll reply with lolz and lmaos like mad dawg.

What does a drop-in comparison between two subs, in a single install/situation, really tell us about the over all comparison of those products in the general terms you are extrapolating it to? It tells us the lvl5 was a half db louder in that specific situation. Beyond that is mere guesswork.
I guess nothing to you, but to most its just a test. Just some info for you. The box was designed with several months of testing for the DDZ so it reached the max potential in that application. SO your right its not a fair comparison. With that much time testing with LVL 5 it should indicate the DC would be alot louder then just .5db. Not just throwing it in a box designed for something else.

I guess nothing to you, but to most its just a test. Just some info for you. The box was designed with several months of testing for the DDZ so it reached the max potential in that application. SO your right its not a fair comparison. With that much time testing with LVL 5 it should indicate the DC would be alot louder then just .5db. Not just throwing it in a box designed for something else.
Hit the nail on the head. The box was for the DDZ... to say put it in a different box and it won't get as loud is a joke, due to the fact the the lvl 5 was short handed already in that test and still louder.

I was just commenting on your comment. You stated the the lvl 5 was not in the same realm as the ddz. I gave the best example I had based on our testing. You could also get in touch with Ray Farmer. He also swapped out his dd neo's for our Team subs and was louder.

Hit the nail on the head. The box was for the DDZ... to say put it in a different box and it won't get as loud is a joke, due to the fact the the lvl 5 was short handed already in that test and still louder.
I also forgot to add the LVL 5 had a higher starting imp and was seeing less power as well. Since somebody will comeback with questioning power.

Not call you a lier but. I have had customers in my area call direct for prices. And DC would NOT give them prices and refer them to me and even give me a contact number for me to call the customer. I have had no problems.
Maybe its cuz I'm black....I'm glad you haven't had that happn 2 u. I email rusty about it and guess what....never got a email back.

I did take to other dealer that rusty did the same thing 2 b4 I called facts facts...it has hapend 2 more than 1 dealer....I email/ texted and talked on the phone to him(dealer) and hen he called rusty out....rusty took em off the dealer listing....maybe we should start a post about it and have em chime in?

I guess nothing to you, but to most its just a test. Just some info for you.
I was just commenting on your comment. You stated the the lvl 5 was not in the same realm as the ddz. I gave the best example I had based on our testing. You could also get in touch with Ray Farmer. He also swapped out his dd neo's for our Team subs and was louder.
I did not know the box was designed for the DD, and the DC was the 'drop in' in speaker. That was left out of the description of the test in this thread.

So Im guessing DD is absolutely dead in the lanes these days? And most everyone else too Id guess.

Corona Jeff, it wasnt "nothing" to me. But until this newly added info was given here (Im guessing this is a well known test I didnt see), it was just a snippet of info that was too vague to draw a very realistic conclusion from. If you were offended by me questioning the test, it was not intended.

I can point to three new world records (2 in USACi in August, 1 in dBDrag last weekend) made by switching from DC Lvl 5s to DDZs. It can go either way depending on the install.
Impossible. Please re-read post #201 in this thread. All the info you need can be found there.

switching subs dosent always mean 1 is louder than the other. 1 is suited better for the enclosure than that other. 1 sub may be louder at a ccertain freq over the other too...

I did not know the box was designed for the DD, and the DC was the 'drop in' in speaker. That was left out of the description of the test in this thread.
So Im guessing DD is absolutely dead in the lanes these days? And most everyone else too Id guess.

Corona Jeff, it wasnt "nothing" to me. But until this newly added info was given here (Im guessing this is a well known test I didnt see), it was just a snippet of info that was too vague to draw a very realistic conclusion from. If you were offended by me questioning the test, it was not intended.
No man im not offended or was I implying a DC lvl is better then all. You was louder in this drop in test. Im not taking anything away from the DDZ. Its an amazing woofer. The cooling is one of the nicest features. One that which I would love to test some with. Just way out of my price range. It would be iterested to see it compared to alot of the other neos out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

the Answer

10+ year member
DC audio FTMFW
the Answer
sumter county, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date