DC Audio's Bass Knobs

Participant count
  • Participant list

gckless
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Antonio
How accurate is the clipping indicator on the bass knob? I am using an 80PRS to a DC 2.0k, I set gains at volume level 50 with a 50Hz 0dB test done with a DMM. When I set it to 44V, the clipping indicator is not lit up at all. When I play a test track (using "My Homies Still" by Lil Wayne), I get the clipping indicator lighting up on the initial hit of the bass. Should I worry about that? I tried a couple other somewhat loud tracks and they do it to. It's possible it's just the source track from my iPod, but almost all of my songs are the same bitrate, 256kbps. Maybe those was recorded higher, and I just need to watch my volume knob?

For what it's worth, I'm using the bass knob because I listen to a wide variety of music, some things just don't sound good with a lot of bass, and I don't want to have to dive in the menu every time a different song comes on. The DC 2.0k is powering two Level 3 10's, that are sitting in a 3cu.ft. net box tuned to 33Hz designed by Buck.

I really need to get an Oscope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yeah I have the same feeling. I guess I am hoping someone has had experience, and it would be fantastic if someone actually did testing. But I'm doubting that.

I have a DD1 and a DC 3.5k........The clip indicator comes on just a split second before the DD1 distortion light.......
Nice! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to watch that and my volume knob then. Thanks! And if you are ever looking to get rid of that amp, let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.