dB meter

speakerdude123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WA
I would like to have my subs metered, is there any program on line that I can download to see what my subs hit, or do I need to buy something, or what? I know you can buy these little cheap dB meters on eBay for like 30 bucks and they go to like 130dBs or something but I'm not sure if those are accurate.

I have WinISD, but I would like to have an actual physical tool that meters MY subs, not the specs(like WinISD)

Anyone had any experience with the "scosche spl1000" dB meter. It's like 30 bucks on eBay, that is about as much as I wanna spend on one of these bad boys. I just want an idea of how loud it is don't care to much if it is super duper pooper scooper accurate.

Will this give me an idea of how loud my sub is? Say with in 1-5dB's?

not very accurate at all and doesn't go very high

Check out some local stereo shops and see if they have a Termlab Meter

Or spend $600+ on a new one

Termlab is one of the only ways to get an accurate reading, it is the meter used by most all organizations

Whats your setup? I'm betting you will get a more acurate guestimate from guys on here then 1 those meters (thats right 1 those)

Anyone had any experience with the "scosche spl1000" dB meter. It's like 30 bucks on eBay, that is about as much as I wanna spend on one of these bad boys. I just want an idea of how loud it is don't care to much if it is super duper pooper scooper accurate.
Will this give me an idea of how loud my sub is? Say with in 1-5dB's?
I'll tell you since its going to be as accurate as you can get for a meter that is 40 bucks. 130-140dB. That's your score. Actually, that will be more accurate than the ebay meter you were going to get.

not very accurate at all and doesn't go very high
Check out some local stereo shops and see if they have a Termlab Meter

Or spend $600+ on a new one

Termlab is one of the only ways to get an accurate reading, it is the meter used by most all organizations
Termlab isn't the only way

Well I have an AQ sdc2.515 in 4.4cubes after dis. @ roughly 33-34Hz....running it off a JH600 @ 2ohms 666rms (that's what the document had it rated at). It is in the trunk of a coupe.

Anyone have any guess-timate as to what it would be hitting?

Well I have an AQ sdc2.515 in 4.4cubes after dis. @ roughly 33-34Hz....running it off a JH600 @ 2ohms 666rms (that's what the document had it rated at). It is in the trunk of a coupe.
Anyone have any guess-timate as to what it would be hitting?
132.9 would be my guess going by what you are saying. What kind of electrical upgrades do you have?

I would like to have my subs metered, is there any program on line that I can download to see what my subs hit, or do I need to buy something, or what? I know you can buy these little cheap dB meters on eBay for like 30 bucks and they go to like 130dBs or something but I'm not sure if those are accurate.
I have WinISD, but I would like to have an actual physical tool that meters MY subs, not the specs(like WinISD)
so first you ask if there's a program you can download that will tell you "what your subs hit" but then you say it has to be a physical tool...lulz

And stop trying to guess what kind of numbers he's putting up, it just makes you sound stupid. Equipment is only 1 variable when determining the SPL a system is capable of, the enclosure design & install has a lot more to do with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.