DB Drive WDX12 5K

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
WDX12 5K | DB Drive

Can anyone vouch that these subs are worth any time and money?

I just went to a local shop who had 2 of the (spl edition) 10k subs hooked up with a true 1k amp powering them as the guy doesnt use his comp amp daily, It was sorta painful to sit with my ears popping and listening to the music.

Im not gonna lie i loved the feeling and sound so i plan to get those same subs especially for the price, but at the moment i am interested in the 5k subs.

5k daily on a 3" coil??? LOL
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif talking without researching.. Let me rephrase that this sub can do 5000+ watts on a burp!

Whats the expected daily? I understand a 3" coil can mechanically only stand 1000-1500 watts daily before heating the coil, but this sub from what i can see has multiple spiders.

Any wild guesses from the more knowledgable on how much this sub can do daily?

Also i was thinking of using a aq3500 on it.

whats spiders gotta do with cooling the coil?? 3" coil can take 2500 if built right and used by someone knowing what there doing. I don't know what it can handle maybe 1k to 2k unsure of parts and build quality. I like my DB Drive amp if that helps lol

whats spiders gotta do with cooling the coil?? 3" coil can take 2500 if built right and used by someone knowing what there doing. I don't know what it can handle maybe 1k to 2k unsure of parts and build quality. I like my DB Drive amp if that helps lol
For some reason i come out as a ignorant smart *** here without trying haha.

Anyway im asking so i can learn as im new into audio (atleast since trying to make a decent system)

People say db drive is usually on par with there products.

Issue i got here is everyone is up the *** on all these tantrics hd/hdd, sq/aq hdc3/4, fi series, dc level series.

No one likes anyother brands and i see very few american bass which makes ****** amps or even dd z (maybe a money issue here).

O

WDX12 5K | DB Drive
Can anyone vouch that these subs are worth any time and money?

I just went to a local shop who had 2 of the (spl edition) 10k subs hooked up with a true 1k amp powering them as the guy doesnt use his comp amp daily, It was sorta painful to sit with my ears popping and listening to the music.

Im not gonna lie i loved the feeling and sound so i plan to get those same subs especially for the price, but at the moment i am interested in the 5k subs.
Looks like a run of the mill 1000rms sub with a horrid basket ...ppl talk about all those sub u mentioned bc they **** all over that db drive

O
Looks like a run of the mill 1000rms sub with a horrid basket ...ppl talk about all those sub u mentioned bc they **** all over that db drive
Care to explain on that? Db drive has the z series and the wdx series. Wdx subs have been used and won many competitions. Not trying to go against you just an opinion off what i seen.

Look up jeff rowland, but this is spl burping and not daily so again i could be wrong.

Care to explain on that? Db drive has the z series and the wdx series. Wdx subs have been used and won many competitions. Not trying to go against you just an opinion off what i seen.
Look up jeff rowland, but this is spl burping and not daily so again i could be wrong.
The sub u linked doesnt look like much period ..unless the pics of the motor arent correct ..what exactly are you trying to do here?

The sub u linked doesnt look like much period ..unless the pics of the motor arent correct ..what exactly are you trying to do here?
Spl based system trying to really bang and not so much sq.

Im not gonna compete i just wanna really loud and compulsivly annoying system if you know what i mean.. Bass junkie..

Spl based system trying to really bang and not so much sq.
Im not gonna compete i just wanna really loud and compulsivly annoying system if you know what i mean.. Bass junkie..
Well u arent gona get annoyingly loud with 1 12 on a 3500...and id put money that that sub cant take a aq3500 for very lomg at all before it fries..so u may wana think about something else or more woofers...id be scared to put 2 of those on a 3500 for very long..what kinda car is this going in ? Is ur electrical up to par to run the 3500?

Well u arent gona get annoyingly loud with 1 12 on a 3500...and id put money that that sub cant take a aq3500 for very lomg at all before it fries..so u may wana think about something else or more woofers...id be scared to put 2 of those on a 3500 for very long..what kinda car is this going in ? Is ur electrical up to par to run the 3500?
It will only be receiving the needed amount of power no extra as this wilk not be used for burps.

As for electrical mechman 250amp with internal regulator, just purchased and wired 1/0 stinger ofc.

Optima battery in front and 2 xs power in the back.

Im pretty sure im good for atleast 3000 watts or more if possible.

Also a double cab Gmc sierra so with the small amount of space a single 12 should do till i purchase the second one.

If i could id buy 2, but that will be later on.

J

It will only be receiving the needed amount of power no extra as this wilk not be used for burps.
As for electrical mechman 250amp with internal regulator, just purchased and wired 1/0 stinger ofc.

Optima battery in front and 2 xs power in the back.

Im pretty sure im good for atleast 3000 watts or more if possible.

Also a double cab Gmc sierra so with the small amount of space a single 12 should do till i purchase the second one.

If i could id buy 2, but that will be later on.
Im jist saying there are several woofers that will take all the aq3500s power all day every day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.