Dayton titanic mk4 vs tc sounds epic 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

spec
10+ year member

arkansas
In the past i used mostly mainstream kicker/ pioneer/ rockford subs but i`m looking for something new that is sound quality oriented but will still get loud and LOW.

Right now I have a 3.0 enclosure tuned to 29 hz that i could use[and prefer to use] but could get an optimal box for either of these

Any thoughts on compairing the Dayton tianic mk 4 12 vs the tc sounds epic 12. And which one would be optimal in my big 3.0 box? [Right now i`m lean towards the Dayton in regards to my big enclosure.

Yes Inferno333, these are the two i`m interested in. I prefer a 12 in that will work well in a larger enclosure @29 hz with 500 watts 4 ohm or 1000 watts 2 ohm.

I`m open to any suggestions ....200 bucks give or take is my price range.

Yes Inferno333, these are the two i`m interested in. I prefer a 12 in that will work well in a larger enclosure @29 hz with 500 watts 4 ohm or 1000 watts 2 ohm. I`m open to any suggestions ....200 bucks give or take is my price range.
How about the Dayton HF. I heard it likes big enclosures better. Would be perfect for 500w @ 4 ohm and your box.

Dayton Audio RSS315HF-4 12" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm

Thanks Blazian87,the dayton hf does look like it would work.I current have 2 dayton ho 12 s in a smaller ported box and love them for car and for home.[they are next to my bed at ear level even as we speak]

that Dayton Ultimax looks killer.Its dual 2 so i`d have to wire to 4 ohms for my os rf bd 1000 amp which would put out 500 watts. Do you think 500 watts would be enough for the Dayton Ultimax? If so i just might go for the Ultimax. Optimal enclosure for the Ultimax is 4 cubes for vented ...so...would 3.0 work?

Thanks Blazian87,the dayton hf does look like it would work.I current have 2 dayton ho 12 s in a smaller ported box and love them for car and for home.[they are next to my bed at ear level even as we speak]that Dayton Ultimax looks killer.Its dual 2 so i`d have to wire to 4 ohms for my os rf bd 1000 amp which would put out 500 watts. Do you think 500 watts would be enough for the Dayton Ultimax? If so i just might go for the Ultimax. Optimal enclosure for the Ultimax is 4 cubes for vented ...so...would 3.0 work?
you know what, I'll model the 3 subs for you on Winisd later tonight when I get the chance and you can see how the curve will be using your box in every scenerio. That way, you can make a better decision that fits your needs. but yea using 500w instead of 600w is not a big deal.. It'll be inaudible anyway by 100w difference. 3 cubes should be a good amount for that sub. I'll graph it out for you later.. May I ask what are the dayton HO's tuned to?

Blazian87 you are awesome!! Thank you so much. I havent figured out how to use enclosure programs and have limited knowledge of reading them so this will zero in exactly what i need.

Blazian87 sorry i did n t see you questions about my daytons ho s . They are in a 2 12 enclosure each side has it s own enclosure and vent separate from the other.ewach side is gross 1.85 [not sure what that nets] and tuned to 32 hz. driven by a rf bd 1000.1 with the gains all the way down. my hu is a pioneer p1r xover at 50 hz 24 db .also i have the PG base cube that is awesome. I love the sound of the HOs in that box.Originally i had a pair of infinity kappa perfect 12 s in that box ..but i just could n t get them to sound right...so i m going to put them in 4.0 at 32 hz later.right now the kappas are in 1.0 each sealed and sound nice. After i get another dayton 12 for the single 12 big box i will be set on subs for a while. I`m going with the best sub for that 3.0 gross at 29 . i just love having subs behind my head in the back seat of my f150 ext cab truck and like to change to different sub/enclosure every week or so

Blazian87 sorry i did n t see you questions about my daytons ho s . They are in a 2 12 enclosure each side has it s own enclosure and vent separate from the other.ewach side is gross 1.85 [not sure what that nets] and tuned to 32 hz. driven by a rf bd 1000.1 with the gains all the way down. my hu is a pioneer p1r xover at 50 hz 24 db .also i have the PG base cube that is awesome. I love the sound of the HOs in that box.Originally i had a pair of infinity kappa perfect 12 s in that box ..but i just could n t get them to sound right...so i m going to put them in 4.0 at 32 hz later.right now the kappas are in 1.0 each sealed and sound nice. After i get another dayton 12 for the single 12 big box i will be set on subs for a while. I`m going with the best sub for that 3.0 gross at 29 . i just love having subs behind my head in the back seat of my f150 ext cab truck and like to change to different sub/enclosure every week or so
Very nice. I love the Dayton HO's as well. Well I made a model of the 3 subs in a graph and this is what I got.

dayton_curves.png

You can tell the titanic has a more flatter sound with that box, where as the ultimax is more peaky in the 30-40hz range.

dayton_spl.png

When it comes to loudness, it looks as if the HF is pretty close in output to the ultimax but with better output up top as well.

IMO I think the HF or Titanic will be a good fit for your box depending on what curve you like. Ultimax will work too but is a little loud down low with less upper bass. Just depends on your preference of music really. Also, I would try moving your xover to 60 hz @ 24db to see if you like some of the higher notes.

would love the low bass extension of the ultimax..but i`m afraid listening fatigue would set in soon.

SO..... it`s down to the Hf or the Titanic. i`m guessing that the titanic would offer the best and most accurate over all sound quality over the hf but the hf would be louder. the hf would sound nice also and would give more low bass extension[right?]. the hf is $149.00 and the titanic $189.00[i fine with shelling out bucks for either] but 149.00 is a nice price indeed.

would the titanic be loud enough? if so i m thinking i would like it best in the long run

however out of the box" lets get down on the bass knob and jam" the hf might be better,and would still have a nice sound as well.

i`m just a novice when it comes to the science of bass sound. So any thoughts and recommendations are welcome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.