Dayton DSP-408

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gunk

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
Do you guys give this DSP the thumbs up? Just trying to get a DSP with 8 channels that doesn't break the bank.

This is a very capable and good budget DSP and this is coming from a guy who owns JL TwK88 and HELIX DSP’s.
Pros:
  1. Sounds as good as the more expensive DSP’s when set up right.
  2. Cheap especially when on sale.
  3. Bluetooth works well with iPad app.
  4. 10 band parametric filters are powerful.
  5. Mixer works well.

Cons:

1. Remote introduces noise into the system (Don’t buy it)
  2. Software can be buggy sometimes.
  3. < 3.5 volt outputs.
  4. Time alignment by distance is off (use online calc instead and input in ms).
  5. Owners Manual *****
  6. Presets are slow to switch.

Last edited:
I had one, but it was a little "over my head." If you like to tinker with stuff, then, you will like it. My installer had no clue what to do with it. So, I basically gave up on it. Be sure to do your homework on it before install day. I made that mistake and fried some tweets. The only thing wrong with my Dayton DSP was me. Very nice piece though.

This is a very capable and good budget DSP and this is coming from a guy who owns JL TwK88 and HELIX DSP’s.
Pros:
  1. Sounds as good as the more expensive DSP’s when set up right.
  2. Cheap especially when on sale.
  3. Bluetooth works well with iPad app.
  4. 10 band parametric filters are powerful.
  5. Mixer works well.

Cons:

1. Remote introduces noise into the system (Don’t buy it)
  2. Software can be buggy sometimes.
  3. < 3.5 volt outputs.
  4. Time alignment by distance is off (use online calc instead and input in ms).
  5. Owners Manual *****
  6. Presets are slow to switch.
Another pro you can add here is that it has a DC input power supply option as well as can be hardwired. So this can be an ease of use in home or car audio both. I was not aware of the noise induced remote. How did you conclude that? I never touch my remote after setting the level to 57. I might just unplug it for now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.