SOLD DAT 5k prototype Amp (into protect) FS / FT

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
1. Product:

Diablo audio technlogie prototype of somekind. named "digital amp x5000.1" and unbadged... but guys at dat said that it was one of their amp.

2. Specs:

The amp was sold to me by Jacob from Sundown 4 month ago. It played well for that time. The new alt was putting a voltage too high and it entered into protect at 15.8v. It won't come out from protect now. It didn't even play a second at that voltage... just stuck in protect.

All i know is that it's supposed to do an underrated 5k watt @1ohm.. doesn't like low/high voltage and load under 1ohm (never tested that tho). Two 1/0 12v+ and ground. Pretty heavy too. Badass amp, see the pics

3. Description/Condition:

Protect... beside that great working condition and 9/10 physical. It was mounted once ... that's all

4. Price: :

I'm getting repair quote atm... I might sell it as is, or repaired... as is would be 350$+ship

5. Pictures:

HPIM2800.jpg

HPIM2799.jpg

more pics in my photobucket... i'll add them later. i'm late for job now:crap:

the only sketchy part is the fifth fet from the left in the upper part of the last picture. I don't know a **** thing about that tho.... but nothing else look burned...

pm me here please.... as for trade, i'm only looking for another big monoblock that will stand at 15.1v and that will produce around 4-6k @1ohm. will add cash for sure

here's what i got from scott at amprepair

"Hi,

Protect mode usually indicates a blown channel. The power supply is probably fine.

That amp is very similar to an American Bass 500.1. Channel repairs on those usually run around $200 - $250 and take 1 week to complete. You get a 90 day parts and labor warranty. We pay return shipping.

If you would like to send it in for repair, just package it securely and send it to:

ARC

1455 Waterloo Rd

Mogadore, OH 44260

Once it arrives, we will contact you with an exact diagnosis and cost. Thanks,"

taking offer, it needs a new home

I remember this amp, I originally was buying it then switched to one of his remaining 3000ds. It's a powerhouse though. Goodluck with sale man.

I am just going to reiterate what I posted on another site regarding this amp.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a Diablo amp. Yes we were looking at them and yes we passed on them. We have no intention on releasing them to market. Nor will we have any plans on having huge power amps in our line up.

If there is any DAT related questions, then please contact me as I will be the only point of contact for DAT here on out.

Thanks,

Bill

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.