dash/headlight dimming

what would cause my speakers to hiss, clip like that?? it really pisses me off.

would it have anything to do with that there are,

1.not crossovers on one set of tweeters,

2.and the fact that they are spliced into the door speakers????

or is it something else?

don't think it's his ground.
this may be something to do with the general wiring.

i had an issue with a friends install where the entire vehicles electrical was dimming VERY bad. he was running less than 1000w on an optima redtop w/ big 3.

his head lights, fog lights, dash lights, amps, head unit, would all dim when even the slightest bass note was hitting. he could set the volume at 3 of 50 and everything would dim horribly. we found out that the terminal cups on the speaker box were causing an issue and instead of using them we directly wired the subs to the amps. the issue was then resolved.

overall, check the wiring. make sure all lines are clean and no strands of wire are all overthe place at the terminal connections.

check all your wires for any breaks.

also watch your voltage. get a multi meter and tell us how stable the electrical is. does it sit at 12v or 14v and slowly dwindle down as you play or does it jump erratically?

some feedback would help us figure your situation out.
No, i was not serious. Listen to this man, he know's what he's talking about.

On a real note, clipping usually indicates lack of knowledge while setting the crossovers on the amp(s). As far as your dimming, do they dim at very low volume or only at loud volume. Also, capacitor is useless in today's world, and at the end, does a worse job at keeping voltage steady rather than help.

how do you set the amp crossover??

most of the time the lights dim on the high volume levels.

but it does it a little bit on low volume levels

and should i take the cap off

also what is clipping?????

Do a search, very popular threads on how to set your gain/input sensitivity and lots of information about sending a clipped signal to your woofers.

Mines does the samething I just bought a second battery too. I have the factory battery and a kinetic hc2000. I only have 1000watts. If I open the doors while the music is on the lights dim. Its grounded directly to the frame. I have 4guage cables everywhere and the voltage is at 13.80 idling. I give up. any help. I do have the factory headunit if that helps.

problem solved, i added an extra battery under the hood and ran just the amp off of it. i did the big 3 to it and left the stock batt the way it came. and it solved that wierd noise in the door speakers, it fixed everything!!! pics are on my build log

(2003 gmc sierra)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jeremy.vaughn

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jeremy.vaughn
marion county AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date