Daisy Chain Amps but Low Volume Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

tanpatnode
10+ year member

I am using the pre amp outs of my Kenwood deck then goes back to a Hifonics Brutus amp but I got a 12" Alpine type R from a friend and with it I got a RF Prime 500.1 Amp that I was using the Output on the amp to power from another pair of RCA's. They both work but my RF T0 is significantly quieter than before and trying the Prime with the same RCA's from preamps and it's a lot quieter.

Anyone know why this would be and how I could fix it? Would the voltages through the Pre Amps be too low since they have already went to one amp?

I don't know if it matters but I haven't performed the big 3 and my amp is 145amp so its just about maxed at this point. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The end result is, not the intention. I think OP got what I was saying. The Brits generally aren't as sensitive. A 500w sub amp does not...
I wouldn't say that makes it better. It might make it better for you. Not sure I would be worried about spending money on DSP if I was going to...
How I would approach it is install your new amplifier and start using it. Install a voltage gauge and if you see your voltage lowering then add...
Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...

About this thread

tanpatnode

10+ year member
tanpatnode
Seattle, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from