Daily Driver ? (SPL cone ?).

i'd go with the SA 12s since your builder has a lot of experience with them. With a lot of good power on tap along with a proper enclosure, you should hit the numbers you want with these subs.

i'd go with the SA 12s since your builder has a lot of experience with them. With a lot of good power on tap along with a proper enclosure, you should hit the numbers you want with these subs.
Thats true although I hope they can give me the output i'm looking for (I'm spending about $900 in electrical alone, there better be some windshield flexing at that price !).

He swears the SA 12s will be what i'm looking for but i want be double sure (Alot of electrical money on the line for some sub $200 china subs, makes me just slightly nervous although I was impressed with my sundown E12 )

Why not 1 Z?
It's going to take a lot of trial and error to get mid 40s
Would a Z 15 offer more output then two SA 12s ? (I was under the impression that two SA 12s would be a little louder and sound better as well).
Is getting in the mid 140s (144-146) really that hard ?

Windshield flex isn't fun.. But I doubt you will get much with two 12"s.
Yeah I don't want to go around shattering windows !

Why not 1 Z?
It's going to take a lot of trial and error to get mid 40s
Almost everyone on the forums with 2 12" SA 12s on 2k Is doin 145db+.. Pretty much all I see are videos of 2 SA 12s doing 149db on music. SA get loud pretty easy in cars with small cabins. I think the OP will be happy.

Also To the OP can't ur builder demo another cars he's built with two SA 12s to see if that's what it looking for? I'm sure one I his customers would be happy to show you.

Would a Z 15 offer more output then two SA 12s ? (I was under the impression that two SA 12s would be a little louder and sound better as well).
A Z 15 should win.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Almost everyone on the forums with 2 12" SA 12s on 2k Is doin 145db+.. Pretty much all I see are videos of 2 SA 12s doing 149db on music. SA get loud pretty easy in cars with small cabins. I think the OP will be happy.Also To the OP can't ur builder demo another cars he's built with two SA 12s to see if that's what it looking for? I'm sure one I his customers would be happy to show you.

Who is doing 145s with 2 SAs?

Is getting in the mid 140s (144-146) really that hard ?

It's that hard with that power. A 146 is loud. You might get lucky the first time you might never get there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
mastershake575
Dallas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from