D amp replacement for my mb quart q4.150

Participant count
  • Participant list
I do not know about those two but I just read a very good review on the Precision Power Phantom P900.4. I think it was on pasmag.com, page 8 or 9 in the reviews section. Too late to give you a link, sorry. The numbers are very good and so is the price. As a matter of fact I was just about to order it when I read that the input voltage was 280mV-7.8volts. That is no big deal for anyone with a 4V HU. I thought that would be no problem for me either. However, my new Alpine with 3 sets of preamp outputs has only 2V. Personaly, I never thought to look at that when I made the purchase, so much has changed since the 90's. If you have a 4V head unit ypu should consider PPI. Looks dam good too.

I do not know about those two but I just read a very good review on the Precision Power Phantom P900.4. I think it was on pasmag.com, page 8 or 9 in the reviews section. Too late to give you a link, sorry. The numbers are very good and so is the price. As a matter of fact I was just about to order it when I read that the input voltage was 280mV-7.8volts. That is no big deal for anyone with a 4V HU. I thought that would be no problem for me either. However, my new Alpine with 3 sets of preamp outputs has only 2V. Personaly, I never thought to look at that when I made the purchase, so much has changed since the 90's. If you have a 4V head unit ypu should consider PPI. Looks dam good too.
HUH? You didn't buy the Phantom because of....why again?? 2v is fine with that amplifier. The gain is adjustable from .3 volts all the way up to almost 8 volts. Your 2volts fall right in there. All you do is set the gain by ear.

Polk:

pad40004.jpg

NVX:

jad8004.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.