cut through

callahanianhunk
10+ year member

alright i as of now have two ed 12"0.14's and an jbl 1200 in my truck an it hits hard but ive been wantin to cut out below my window cause i have a regular cab truck an wouldnt have room for 4 12's an i want to get two more of the same subs i have now an another jbl 1200 an get two yellow tops and a 220amp alternator or so do any of yall have any experience with cut throughs on regular cab trucks? cause ive seen them but never heard them an i wanna no what yall thank of them --thanx--

A full cut-through won't affect the sound appreciably. It will just give you more room to work with. I had a cut-through in a reg cab Ranger a few years ago with 6 10W6 JLs. It was loud and sounded good. If you don't mind cutting sheetmetal, I say go for it.

I did a cut-cab install on my regualr cab truck, and its the best thing that you can do with a single cab truck. Also the great advantage of having a cut through is that you can build the "perfect box", built to the ideal dimensions. Just go down to a local R.V. Store and purchase some "accordian" boot, its only like 5 bucks a foot, and cut a hole in the back of the cab, the same size as the boot, and cut the same size hole in the front of the bed. Use the "boot" to connect the bed to the cab, and seal it up with some silacone, make sure that its sealed very well. I would advise to have it professionally installed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.