Cut lows out of speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
if you have an aftermarket HU theres a setting on most where you can turn the lows and bass out of them. if not bassblockers are you solution

bass blockers are last resort. just high pass your speakers from your amp. if you dont have them amped then your hu should be able to do this if it is after market. if you have a hu that doest have a steep high pass slope, (most likely cheap hu) then bass blockers, aka resistors, will work as they basically whats used as x/o's on co-axial speakers.

i do have a aftemarket HU but it seems to sound better w/ the EQ off but i may play around with it
would the best one to get be the one that cuts out 0-300Hz?
Don't bother cutting out any higher than 90Hz on those, otherwise you'll have a band of frequencies that no speakers/subs will be playing, which is bad, because that range is what some people on here will call midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.