Custom painted Power bd500.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

gumby688
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tricked out my amp today a little. Not the greatest camera but it works.

2poaycz.jpg

Its painted black with a copper flake!

70b43n.jpg

Replaced the hex headed screws with brass screws they look sweet.

29kx2k2.jpg

Close up of the paint.

Soon as I get my 125.2 painted the same and get everything back in place will post some vids.

That amp was silver and you painted black, kinda like the old school RF amps right? Can't really tell from the pics. Next thing to do is invest on a decent digital camera (they can be had for like $30 at a pawn shop)... because all those little white specs look like rust spots and the brass screw looks like it's rusted.

Sometimes I don't understand why cellphone makers use a potato as the camera.

Not a cell phone camera just an old digital cam I had laying around the cam on my cell is even worse lol. The specks are the copper flakes and the screws are brand new. Yes it was a gray/silver kinda of color before.

Not a cell phone camera just an old digital cam I had laying around the cam on my cell is even worse lol. The specks are the copper flakes and the screws are brand new. Yes it was a gray/silver kinda of color before.
all the silver areas on the ends of the heat sinks was the most efficient point where heat dissipation took place on those amps. They were left the silver bare aluminum look as part of the functional amp design.

Quack I can see where that would make sense. If I was having any kind of heat issue I might would change it back but I played the system at moderatly hig lvl for a few hours straight and the amp is barely warm to the touch the 125.2 running my 2 pairs of infinity's gets much hotter than the sub amp. Part of it may be that some of the air from the port runs across the top of the amp. WHen I post the pics of my 125.2 you will see that I painted like it was from factory with the tops of the fins and some of the rest still bare aluminum

edit: cuz I type like a gorilla.

Hers a couple pics of the 125.2 end caps not dry yet though.

xxb1f.jpg

left the bare metal bare

1zwgg39.jpg

nice flakes wish I had a better cam.

Thats the kinda of things I do while waitng for the rest of my 0ga and new fuse holders to show up heh. Finshed changing from straight pvc ports to flared dimpled percision ports today they look way better hope the sound better lol. Will get some pics out in the sun in morn. Already ripped the factory tan carpet out of the back of the explorer and replaced it with a dark blue heavy duty carpet. If the rest of my stuff dont get here tomorrow I will prolly pull the fronts seats out and carpet under them too and maybe color the grills on a set of MA audio tweets I have beeen thinking about dropping in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.