Ct Sounds 2000.1d just went up in smoke

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Got this amp maybe 2 months ago. Just got around to installing it. American Bass xfl 10 dual 2 ohm, big 3 ofc wire, 200 amp alternator, agm battery. Got everything hooked up, connected power wires to battery and amp light turned in red, sub popped, and smoke came out of amp!! Nvx amp on my comp set works fine.
I triple checked my connections and can not find anything I did wrong. I’ve never had an amp do this. Could the amp just been crapout the box?

Last edited:
F53B5492-29EE-48FD-A7DC-405CAD634544.png
B2E59609-00F7-4476-ACF9-A1D1A7199E49.jpeg
49B9925E-A43D-4C64-AADC-98611B874F84.jpeg
B8400FF3-BF85-437F-B787-C4FBF1CCDAF1.jpeg

Holly Chopsticks made in Korea!! 👀 👀 👀 💩 💩 Mine still banging its azz off?? Maybe got tossed around in transit like a football from shipping carrier??Im in Tx. Its only a 4 hour drive to CT. Prob 3 days total for shipping?? I havent strapped the other one yet. Maybe Ill need hook that newer one up and slamm it for a couple weeks??

You can go to theyre website and email them tonight and ask for Kurt and he usually responds pretty quickly. Ive asked questions and he has responded late evening even

You can go to theyre website and email them tonight and ask for Kurt and he usually responds pretty quickly. Ive asked questions and he has responded late evening even
I sent an email for a return/replacement. I am sure it’s nothing I done. I was soo ready to get this thing hooked up. I’ve never experienced an amp doing something like this before.

I sent an email for a return/replacement. I am sure it’s nothing I done. I was soo ready to get this thing hooked up. I’ve never experienced an amp doing something like this before.
Ive had a couple do it to me installing. RF, a Kenwood an Kicker. All were new. One was a bad power supply on the RF 500. Kenwood 4 ch and the Kicker 2500.1 the Caps were loose on the board stated upon warranty repair due to shipment so was stated. Next time they shipped with foam encased around the new one shipped back in a second box.

I mean. Pretty straight forward installing. Proper supply, inline fuse or fused distro block( I used a 250 mini ANL distro) , Proper grounding,Remote wire, RCAs, On Mine =No Bass Boost , 12.5 Oclock gain, LPF 40,Sub Sonic 10 Oclock, Freq. 45 on a pair of XFL 12s @1 ohm, 1/0 OFC power and grounds

Ive had a couple do it to me installing. RF, a Kenwood an Kicker. All were new. One was a bad power supply on the RF 500. Kenwood 4 ch and the Kicker 2500.1 the Caps were loose on the board stated upon warranty repair due to shipment so was stated. Next time they shipped with foam encased around the new one shipped back in a second box.
That was a terrible feeling, powering up everything after hours of installing and then have your amp vaping!

Mines doing work. I want to put those two HDS 310s in with that 4.0@32htz DVC2 ohm subs and run @2ohms on that amp to see how she does. looks like Ill have to get the other hooked up and see what transpires.

I mean. Pretty straight forward installing. Proper supply, inline fuse or fused distro block( I used a 250 mini ANL distro) , Proper grounding,Remote wire, RCAs, On Mine =No Bass Boost , 12.5 Oclock gain, LPF 40,Sub Sonic 10 Oclock, Freq. 45 on a pair of XFL 12s @1 ohm, 1/0 OFC power and grounds
It was crazy, I started my truck and it took a few seconds for my amps to power up, sub amp light came on red, subwoofer popped, nothing but smoke coming from sub amp!!😩

That was a terrible feeling, powering up everything after hours of installing and then have your amp vaping!
I can deff relate man.I had wired up my CRV that took me like 4 days of off on on after work couple days and weekend. Went to wire up one my older US Acoustics Series II 2150s and Smoke city man. I was pretty pissed to say the least. replaced it with one my Crossfire TEK 100.2s and all was good. I didnt want to chance another Zed amp. I later cracked it open. It was two caps. replaced all of them and amp works great

Ya man. That blows azz for sure. Been in this hobby for 25 + years. In the beginning when internet wasnt around and amplifiers were becoming new to us( thats how Old i am) I fried alot of gear pushing the limitations

That Guy Kurt responded to me like at 8:45 one evening before . they will get it right. Reputation is everything in this Line of Business and they know it. he will prob send you a set of mids or ? for the issues you experienced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...