CT 1400.1 at 2 ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

Glentract

Anyone have a good idea what one of these amps can do at 2 ohms? All I can find is 1 and .5 ohm. I want to strap 2 into either 1 or 4 ohms but don't have the electrical for .5 and that's be too much for my sub. They do almost 2x rated on 1 ohm according to the AD-1, should that hold true for 2 ohms?

Thanks

Well when strapping 2 amps you have to take the lowest single amp impeadence (.5) with this amp and double it (so 1 ohm) and that is the lowest impeadence you can run them strapped. If you want each amp to see an impeadence of 1 ohm than you will need to wire them to 2 ohm which will give you a 1 ohm load for each amp thus whatever power rating the amp has at 1 ohm is what each amp will be putting out so yes the power will double .. More or less. Just remember whatever your final load is divide by 2 and that is what each amp is operating at. So if you don't wanna run the amps in .5 than 2 ohm is as low as you will want to go so that each amp is running in 1 ohm (similar to bridging a 2 channle amp)

I think the ct puts out 1400 at 1 so strapped at 2 ohm you will b seeing about 2800 rms.. Be carefull because even 2800 rms requires quite a bit of current so make sure your electrical will support it cause you are risking 2 amps to low voltage otherwise .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.