Crutchfield vs Onlinecarstere/Woofersetc/sonicelectronics

for headunits i usually go to sonic (they throw in free installation stuff, like the dash kit/harness/etc)

everything else that i want that is mainstream i do ebay. for non mainstream, i just contact the owners

good luck with buying maxxsonics anywhere but a dealer/distributor or onlinecarstereo.com

no warranty and they have a horrible warranty rep. go look at them and dealercostcaraudio.com on ripoff report.org.

You shouldve included craigslist also. On there if I post ANYTHING JL, RF, they sell like crazy, and people send me crazy bids just to buy it. Though sone try to lowball you. But when I sold my old L5s a while back, less than 30 minutes I had about 10 emails. I believe craigslist is great for high profile companies.

Crutchfield is expensive because you are paying for the customer service. I've picked up quite a few things from Crutchfield. If you catch stuff on sale, or scratch/dent, it isn't a whole lot more than getting it off of ebay. I've also purchased quite a few things from Sonicelectronix. I even had a warranty issue with something I got from Sonic, and they hooked me up without any issues.

Grey market is a word they made up to put fear into buyers

Its identical gear but with zero warranty (but not always)

MFGs need to move volume,zero warranty (GREY) is just another way to accomplish that..

I have always bought zero warranty stuff and never had an issue ....just try not to buy it from a **** hole,a good seller will always do right

Personally, I like to go right to the sorce and see and listen to the gear fist hand. Of course, I live in good area and I understand for those who don't, they get their stuff on line. I have ordered stuff from Crutchfield, and their customer service is top notch. I would also order from woofersetc. As with anybody online, you just have to be very careful. Let the buyer beware!

Crutchfield is expensive because you are paying for the customer service. I've picked up quite a few things from Crutchfield. If you catch stuff on sale, or scratch/dent, it isn't a whole lot more than getting it off of ebay. I've also purchased quite a few things from Sonicelectronix. I even had a warranty issue with something I got from Sonic, and they hooked me up without any issues.
i agree with you on both stores sonic has always shipped my items out same day with tracking numbers and customer service is great same with crutchfield but you might as well go to a local audio shop because there prices are about the same but ebay is my main spot if i want true deals just bought a new yellow top for 76.00 shipped

I like woofers and onlinecarstereo, i have personally seen stolen goods end up on sonicelectronics. No comment about the other sites because ive never seen any, however i wouldnt doubt shaddy items perhaps ending up on them.
Can you share any more details on the stolen goods off Sonic? A buddy of mine that purchased from Sonic could not get his audio system insured by his car insurance because the products had been "stolen" according to them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bassically85

10+ year member
Bassically85
Atlanta, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from