Crossovers for pro audio?

I had them set on bandpas crossed at 100and 3.5k then my tweets hpf crossed at 3.5k. switched to hpf on mids to see and not much difference to me at all
Will also depend upon what mids, how much power, and music you listen to. On rap it won't make a diff, on rock it can sound distorted/muddy on the upper end as you will probably get some cone break up....

Will also depend upon what mids, how much power, and music you listen to. On rap it won't make a diff, on rock it can sound distorted/muddy on the upper end as you will probably get some cone break up....
80% of ****.i listen to is rock thats what it.was setup and.tested with ..i thougjt it would.be a big diff

The only time people use pro audio is if your bass is very loud and you need for mids and highs to keep up so sq is thrown out the door and if u bandpass its hard to tell the difference

ITT: I learn that 99% of car audio "enthusiasts" dont know the difference between a LPF and a HPF.
L or an H is the diff LOL

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

The only time people use pro audio is if your bass is very loud and you need for mids and highs to keep up so sq is thrown out the door and if u bandpass its hard to tell the difference
Wouldn't SQ go out the window with loud bass also? PA can sound find for daily listening and has been used in world championship SQ cars...

I got a question about running active. If you have a 4 channel amp but your hu like the pioneer 80prs has active ability what do you do? Do you set the amp to full range then the HU xo works? Also do channels 1,2 count as the front and 3,4 as the rear on the HU? Could you still run coaxils of the rear channels yet have the tweets and mids active off the HU?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Also if you want to use amp xo's and not HU xo's how do you turn off hu xo's? Is there an option to? If you did that can you still use the eq, t/a off the Hu with amp xo's?

I got a question about running active. If you have a 4 channel amp but your hu like the pioneer 80prs has active ability what do you do? Do you set the amp to full range then the HU xo works? Also do channels 1,2 count as the front and 3,4 as the rear on the HU? Could you still run coaxils of the rear channels yet have the tweets and mids active off the HU? 

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Also if you want to use amp xo's and not HU xo's how do you turn off hu xo's? Is there an option to? If you did that can you still use the eq, t/a off the Hu with amp xo's?
Amps set to FULL, use xovers on the HU if in Network mode.

Using amp xovers leave HU in Standard mode.

On the PRS80 Front = mids Rear = tweeters when in Network mode

I would run active using the HU for sure vs using amp xovers as you have WAY more adjustability...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.