Crossfire vr2000D tooo much?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you set your gains really low there shouldn't be any probs, those Audiobahns are a little optimistic about their RMS ratings, you could get away with a smaller cheaper amp like somthing in the 1200watt RMS range.

If you set your gains really low there shouldn't be any probs, those Audiobahns are a little optimistic about their RMS ratings, you could get away with a smaller cheaper amp like somthing in the 1200watt RMS range.
I wouldnt take a chance on giving those bahns 1000w each, the vr2000d is known to do around 2500w, unless impedance rise is kind of high you will blow them. Try and see if you can get SX 12's or 15's if you have some money to spare, that would be a perfect match.

only way I could do that would be to get rid of the audiobahns and I'm not having any luck w/ that.

I think I may try and find an 1800 watt amp or so. I figured 2000 watt amp w/ low gains wouldn't hurt but if you guys say no then I guess not.

only way I could do that would be to get rid of the audiobahns and I'm not having any luck w/ that.
I think I may try and find an 1800 watt amp or so. I figured 2000 watt amp w/ low gains wouldn't hurt but if you guys say no then I guess not.
Whats your budget?

for the whole system is about 5Gs. but that includes video also which isn't cheap. I would say most likely about 2Gs for the stereo itself and 2Gs in video and the 1G in misc stuff

for the whole system is about 5Gs. but that includes video also which isn't cheap. I would say most likely about 2Gs for the stereo itself and 2Gs in video and the 1G in misc stuff
Wow....then get yourself a USAmps Merlin MD2 that will ddo close to that vr2000, that will be perfect with thos bahns. Go to http://www.usamps.com and look for a dealer near you, if you dont have any close to you call the closest one and tell them to order you one. They will be cheaper than you think and put out more than you can think, trust me, find out for yourself.

no..................this is for my show car. Well I think I'm gona skimp on the bahns(just tooo many bad performance reviews) and go w/ a single 15" Incriminator Audio Death Penalty

no..................this is for my show car. Well I think I'm gona skimp on the bahns(just tooo many bad performance reviews) and go w/ a single 15" Incriminator Audio Death Penalty
Will still be loud, and if its show car the USAmps have a plexiglassed bottom, so it would look nice to have 2 of them upside down in a false floor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.