Crossfire BMF subs bite the dust

Participant count
  • Participant list

cleansoundzz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Buena Park
I haven't blown a subwoofer in 7+ years. However my RF T1000-1BD proved to be too much for my 2 Crossfire BMF subwoofers even with the gain turned all the way down. What other subwoofer brand will give me long term reliability with SPL and SQ? I thought about the Audioque Street Duty dual 4 10's. What other brands do you suggest?

BMF's are fine, must be the user. the gain was "all the way down" the whole time? or did you have it cranked for awhile?

first time ive heard bad about BMF's, and yes i have owned 1 before and it worked beautifully off 1500w.

I crank them but for 20 minutes at a time. I listen to a blend of music to include oldies, old school rap & reggae. They both had about 800 watts going to them. The gain on the amp is always at 1/4. I am not knocking the BMF's because they sound great but both of them are on their way out.

False alarm. Took out the woofer that wasn't working checked the speaker terminal connection and the wire was loose. Once I connected the wire better, problem solved. That would explain the going in and out of the bass. I may solder the wires on to the connection when I get some time one day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.