Crew Cab F 350 sub ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kold_Killa
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Brother is in severe need of some woofage in his truck. We will most likely build a box identical to a SuperCrewSound box...

-In need of 2 10s (or 2 8s if it makes more sense)

-Mounting depth of no more than 5.25

-Only have .55cuft per woofer (sealed)

-Need to have a final impedance of 4 ohms

-Have 450 watts a woofer

Is this possible to have a decent system with such strict parameters? We are looking for SQ first, but decent output.. Would he be better off going with one 10 delivering it 900 watts and giving it 1.1 cubes?

Budget is probably around $250

The substage is keeping up with some nice older MB Quarts on a PPI Art Series.

Thanks for the help... I figure mounting depth is going to be the main problem...

Ive got a 07 f350 CC, and have two 10" Rainbow Hammers back there. They are 5.30" mounting I believe. Sound really good. But they will contact the back of the seat if they are being played hard. The Pioneer Premier shallow mounts sound not to shabby either. We installed them in a customers 06 f250 CC, and he was very happy with them, plus they never contacted the seat when they were wanging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.