Crackling Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cpyder
10+ year member

Audiophile
IL
I've got components up front, 6x9s in the rear off a 4 channel amp. Suddenly, I've got intermittent crackling coming from all four speakers and when I turn it up the sound sometimes jumps between the left and right channels. Any guesses as to what it could be. I hooked up my ipod and a y-adapter to my amp and the same thing happens, so the head unit is out.

Grounding?

Yes it possibly could effect the other channels. If the ground through the speaker wire was a better ground than the actual ground wire on your amp, it would ground as much as possible through the speaker wire. Check to make sure you don't have a bad speaker wire and also check your ground wire at the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.