Cracking/popping

Participant count
  • Participants list

254chamorro

I have a 84 c10 with a pioneer deh-x6800bt stereo receiver with 4 6.5 pioneer speakers attached. when I turn the volume up about 3/4 there is cracking and popping sound. I checked the harness ground and actually made a new point for ground. then I checked all the speakers polarity making sure positive and negative is connected from the stereo to speakers. speaker wires are new using regular speaker wire to all 4 speakers. also I connected a couple speakers to a boom box outside the truck and turn up volume but had no cracking or popping. anyone have any other steps I can take.

I'm curious how you connected a couple speakers to a boombox?

(your crackling/popping sounds like a lose connection around speaker terminals.)

I have a 84 c10 with a pioneer deh-x6800bt stereo receiver with 4 6.5 pioneer speakers attached. when I turn the volume up about 3/4 there is cracking and popping sound. I checked the harness ground and actually made a new point for ground. then I checked all the speakers polarity making sure positive and negative is connected from the stereo to speakers. speaker wires are new using regular speaker wire to all 4 speakers. also I connected a couple speakers to a boom box outside the truck and turn up volume but had no cracking or popping. anyone have any other steps I can take.
Could be a few things

your wiring is either loose or has some tears in the line

Your head unit doesnt put out enough clean power and you need an amp.

I'd say its the wiring more than anything.

My rear 6.5 inch speakers are in a box so I was able to connect to a stereo I call it a boom box where it has removable speaker units as well. We'll I guess for one last test I'm gonna test each speaker with new wires temporarily. If it still makes the noise would it be safe to say it's the head unit? Also when I had them connected to boom box I cranked it up high louder than It gets in the truck before popping sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.