cracked former in sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

2Dcore
10+ year member

F*It
PA.
I been having a bad noise out of one of my subs so today I took time to take it out to see what was goin on, I looked at everything you can see when I looked down to hole you can see where the former is connected to the cone and the former is cracked and shifted don't know how far down but my question is, how does this happen? Over pushing them or factory default? Just wondering either way it trash now, nothing but problems with alpine time to go with a quality subs now. Thank you for input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Glad they stepped up and replaced it! I honestly would have thought it was super petty if they didn’t just swap it out for you still being under...
This is an easier one. They're not authorized on most brands they sell. I've witnessed them using heat guns to peel off the serial number sticker...
Getting a good voltage reading does not mean good power transfer. You could read 13.8v out of a 24 AWG wire. Recheck your amplifier's ground and...
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield...

About this thread

2Dcore

10+ year member
F*It
2Dcore
PA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date