Couple quick port questions.

Without a TL how do you know it's "the best it could be"?
I did some testing on a 4th order build I did over the summer and added 4" PVC roundovers to various places inside the enclosure. I lost .3 - .6 everywhere I tried them. Would you hear that to the ear, obviously not, but just because on paper it looks good that doesn't mean it really is...
Ugh, this keeps popping up everywhere, "I made an enclosure, tested it, then I added 45's and tested it, and it scored lower." Hmmm wonder why, perhaps because adding 45's removes net volume?

I've never seen a test with 2 boxes with exactly the same internal volume, one with 45's accounted for in the design and one without

it's always adding them after like you said

Thanks for the input guys!

Still debating on if I am going to bother, it is just for daily driving. Never will be measured, and honestly if it is such a close call I don't think it is going to be worth my time.

No one is going to see it or even know the difference regardless.

I am doubling my power as well, so regardless it is going to be louder!

Ugh, this keeps popping up everywhere, "I made an enclosure, tested it, then I added 45's and tested it, and it scored lower." Hmmm wonder why, perhaps because adding 45's removes net volume?
While your statement is correct, how much volume do you think a few 45's take up? Not enough to drop .6 I can tell you that...

Doing the 45's will remove approx .18 ish of a cube for my plan. That only adjusts my tuning like .3 Hz... I am most likely going to do pic 2 as it is not that hard and I feel it will be better.

Well I built it. Won't have the sub for two weeks but that's ok.

6.22 Net, 4.03 after port and sub displacement tuned at 34hz.

First time using carpet on a box, so be gentle. I decided to carpet inside the port as well. First time using all thread style terminals. I did not want to attempt soldering 8 gauge wire to the radioshack style terminal you cut out the square for and mount on the box. I figured these will be more applicable due to the power going through them.

Decided to go with pic 1. I figured out that putting the 45 in the corner (at the right distance) keeps the port at 5" wide, otherwise it got to 7" in the corner. I know I personally will not notice the difference with the other part having a 45 so I didn't bother.

The circle aint bad for a jigsaw huh! LOL I hate cutting sub holes.

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

IMAG0664.jpg

IMAG0670.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

DSCF7633.jpg

DSCF7632.jpg

DSCF7630.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.