Cotton filters for intakes?

Amsoil is probably your best bet. All their filters are great. Get a dry filter for your stock location. Or if you do upgrade to a CAI, you can use their cone filters (dry as well) and the prefilter for longer lasting cleanings.

K&N if you search, has been proven to dust engines. If you take your air filter off, and run a rag in your intake tubing, and there is dust.......your filter isn't working.

Amsoil is probably your best bet. All their filters are great. Get a dry filter for your stock location. Or if you do upgrade to a CAI, you can use their cone filters (dry as well) and the prefilter for longer lasting cleanings.
K&N if you search, has been proven to dust engines. If you take your air filter off, and run a rag in your intake tubing, and there is dust.......your filter isn't working.
noticed this with my boys lt1 camaro with the k&n cold air intake on it, really not doing it's job it's letting WAY too many fine particles through!

Just go with the ebay knock off filter systems,unless you are going to retune the car,exhaust,other mods etc a 200.00 air filter isnt going to improve much at all.

Just go with the ebay knock off filter systems,unless you are going to retune the car,exhaust,other mods etc a 200.00 air filter isnt going to improve much at all.

Well they give the engine a louder roar(not much) and make it more responsive.

but when it comes to the cost,and the gain,its minimal. If you want more "roar" take the 200.00 and buy some budget subs and a amp and play a 50hz tone. lol

Eh,for a decent tone from a 4 cylinder you need to do full exhaust with something like borla etc....which hits $600+ Please dont wreck your 09 civic. its a nice car,dont turn it into a riced out honda. Do this,get a cheap generic intake,or if anything a k&n drop in filter then go get a tune done. Around here you can get a simple tune and a dyno run for like $350.00.

Eh,for a decent tone from a 4 cylinder you need to do full exhaust with something like borla etc....which hits $600+ Please dont wreck your 09 civic. its a nice car,dont turn it into a riced out honda. Do this,get a cheap generic intake,or if anything a k&n drop in filter then go get a tune done. Around here you can get a simple tune and a dyno run for like $350.00.

What does a tune do? What kind of places would get it done correctly?

And I'm not going to make it a riced out honda. I just want a little more sound from the baby engine.

Now a notice, I have a 4 year bumper-to-bumper warrenty on this civic for four years through the dealership. So I don't want to do anything that will void this warrenty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

09civic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
09civic
Melbourne, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date