Cotton filters for intakes?

Don't buy K&N crap.......

Don't buy something if you don't know what to do with it.

Sell it to some sucker on CL. Do yourself a favor and put the stock filter back in.

why didnt you just buy a regular intake? or just shoulda went to autozone to buy a cone filter and attatch it to ur stock intake hose

Wanted the subtle gain of engine "roar. Also makes the car a bit more responsive. And K and N isn't crap. Built in U.S.A ftw. And before I start reporting people for post dumps like a duche bag, can someone answer my question?

maybe its not going to gain you any noticeable power,but i did gain 1 mpg in my 03 ram with the k&n compared to my clean paper filter,then i had my tires filled with nitrogen and gained another 1 mpg...was it worth it? Yes. why? the air was free and the k&n was found at the pull it yard that cost me $3.00 for a filter.

oiled filters can destroy your maf sensor
They usually dont destroy them,they just stop working correctly until you get some maf cleaner and clean the oil off of them. If you oil the filters correctly and you dont over do it you usually never have issues.

Wanted the subtle gain of engine "roar. Also makes the car a bit more responsive. And K and N isn't crap. Built in U.S.A ftw. And before I start reporting people for post dumps like a duche bag, can someone answer my question?
i inspect mine first. then if its dirty enough i clean it appropriately. check the filter once every two weeks while checking the fluids

Cleaning depends on terrain. Do you drive down a gravel/dirt driveway? pavement only? i drive on a little bit of everything and mine gets dirty about every 4-6 months.

Cleaning depends on terrain. Do you drive down a gravel/dirt driveway? pavement only? i drive on a little bit of everything and mine gets dirty about every 4-6 months.
Pavement only. I'm having UPS send it back. I'm just going to get a cheaper one and make sure it's a synthetic filter. Thanks y'all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

09civic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
09civic
Melbourne, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date