Cool trick to listen for rattles / noisy panels

Kangaroux
5,000+ posts

I put on
Maine
While there is bass playing, if you want to listen for rattles normally you would go outside your vehicle but that's not great for when there's rattling inside your vehicle. So what you do is actually plug your nose and mouth and try to exhale. Imagine you're about to sneeze so you cover your mouth and nose, and right at that moment of sneezing your ears plug up for a second. For whatever reason, when your ears plug up and get all stuffy (similar to when you come out of being underwater and can't hear for a moment) you can't hear bass at all.

Just as an example, on my drive home I noticed a clicking noise on a couple songs and I couldn't tell where it was coming from, all I knew was that when there was a strong kick I heard it. I thought one of my subs was starting to go but I blocked out the sound for a moment and was able to tell that it was just a couple of panels that were slapping together.

YFNuulT.jpg

I didn't read the op until now and this is what I do a lot when my setup sounds different (not as loud or bass tone changing).

I've has tubes inserted into teh ears when I was 5 so mys ears always pluggin up and that beat seems to me like something is wrong with the equipment so, I poppa my ears and listen for the crisp highs and bass waves more this way and I am more relaxed. I am not kidding I can't hear the soft chatter when people are talking to me in a room. So maybe this is why my listening volume is always max 31/35 I'm deaf.

Know exactly what your talking about I do 100x's a day just to hear 'clearly'.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kangaroux

5,000+ posts
I put on
Kangaroux
Maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date