Considering switching my SSA Icon 12 from ported to sealed, enclosure help

Thanks for the informed reply. Where can I get a cut sheet for those suggested parameters? Also should I mount the sub upward firing like my ported enclosure or towards the rear of the vehicle?
My enclosure was 5.1 cubes sealed, but it was cut to wedge just inside a Protege5 hatch and stay below the window line. So the box design will vary to your vehicle.

I have an original 12" Icon in a 1.1ft^3 sealed enclosure in a (JDM) Subaru Legacy GT wagon and it sounds great. The Icon is facing rear and the sweet spot in my wagon is on the left (looking forward). It definitely abuses my rear hatch! Aaron was a big help with how big the sealed enclosure should be. I'm thinking of building a ported enclosure just to see the difference.
That is awesome to hear. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Plenty of people have run everything from the Xcon down to the Dcon sealed, I am not sure where this sudden up cropping of thinking that our subs cannot be run in a sealed enclosure.
I agree. I have been running my xcon in a sealed box for almost 10 years now, it sounds great.

Thanks
My car is a DD and I actually use the hatch area for utilitarian purposes so a grill cover is a must.
I know it's a to each to his own but imo, I would have gotten a better grille for that sub like from parts express. Something "tough looking"...mesh style look to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.