Comps or two ways

Participant count
  • Participant list

thndrchckn
10+ year member

Well im looking at a speaker upgrade for my 98 windstar. The stock speakers i cant stand and my 12's are drowning out the sound when i turn the volume up. I was looking at these but i cant really decide if comps or two ways are what i should get.

links:

Infinity Kappa 2-ways

Infinity kappa 682.7cf

infinity kappa 50.7cs comps

honestly i really dont know the dif. between the first two but the third is what i want but just dont know if i should get them for the back speakers. If i should get those but for the front. What are you guys thoughts on the issue?

go with a good 6.5 component set. you can fit them and you would get more output out of them than 6x8's or anything else. the separates will allow you to adjust the stage height and to go active in the future, for further adjusting.

Comps, if you are willing to buy an amp, coaxials if you want to stay off the h/u, but you still will have trouble with your subs drowning everything else out if you go with coaxials/2-way. Also, stay away from Infinity.

if you decide to go comps I have a nice set of BNIB Rainbow SLC 365's, I need to get rid of them and a bunch of amps ..., my wife is starting to figure out I have a bad addiction to CA.

I'll let the SLC go for way below retail.

oh yeah, just focus on the front stage, for now. you can put mid bass speakers in the back but, you should time align them so they reach your ear at under 30 ms.compared to your front satge. and low pass them just under the spectrum of auditory directionalism

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.