Components to keep up with 150 db sub stage

jstaguy24
10+ year member

I'm running 2 Memphis mojo x 15's on 2-mojo 2200's. Once everything is done I will be hopefully at or above 150 db. At 146.1 now, on stock electrical, will be making some box changes as well. I am running a set of jbl c508 gtis in front doors now. They do pretty well at keeping up until my subs start going full tilt. I was thinking of putting the gtis in custom a pillars, and getting another set of 6.5 components for the front doors, and either a matching coax or component set or rear doors in a Ford expedition. I love the sq of the gti's. I'm either getting more gti's (but they are pricey), or what would be another set that gets loud, but still stays very detailed at extreme volumes. I had jbl p660c's but had a crossover and tweeter fail. I'm trying to avoid pro audio. Because other then at meets, I'm not listening at extreme db all the time.

running active now..?? If so what x-over point...? Had had the best results with the 508's running in the 200-250/24 db range..150-175 watts range with ease...

Have several set's of the 508's for back -up just in case.....3+ yrs daily... have yet to use them...

I'm running passive on 100 watts per side. Could bridge at 200 per side. I have them crossed at 120 hz. Was thinking 6.5's in doors crossed at 80hz, keep the 508's crossed higher in the a pillars. And something in the back doors. I have 2- massive nx4 amps for highs at the moment

going active will definitely allow for more power to actually get to the speaker....if doing the 6.5's try using those from 80-200/250hz..than let the 508's take it from there....in my set-up the sweet spot is 250-2.2k / 24db on the 508's...

Just got the subwoofer wall and amps online tonight. Think I'm going to have to get away from my components //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. They are not keeping up with the bass unfortunately. Didn't want to go pro audio, but looking like its a necessity if I want to keep my sub setup as is.

I have 100 watts going to them. I can bridge to 200 watts. I know adding more speakers can cause issues, but I thought of putting the 5.25 gtis in the a pillars, and another set of 6.5 components in the doors.

Bridged my amp to my components for 200 watts per side last night. It did better, if Listening to regular music they keep up fine. If I play bass enhanced music, the subs still drown them out. Listening to them without the subs, they seem extremely loud. But barely audible when the bass track starts hitting

Bridged my amp to my components for 200 watts per side last night. It did better, if Listening to regular music they keep up fine. If I play bass enhanced music, the subs still drown them out. Listening to them without the subs, they seem extremely loud. But barely audible when the bass track starts hitting
its because to raise up the bass, you have to lower everything above 100hz in the bass enhancing process. Just try upping the gain a tad bit for decaf and stuff and lowering the volume for regular music.

I find that pro audio mids are a lot better than mids in 300$ and under range of component speakers. Less lower midbass(fk that shit your subs can handle that fine), more punchier upper midbass but overall loud and clear, with proper sound processing it can sound just as good as your component mids easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.