Complete Kenwood set up

Pehter

I'm thinking of going all out on new kenwood sound system (bass, double din, speakers and amp) the bass I'm going to get is KFC-W2516PS, the speakers KFC-C6895PS, and the double din DPX501BT. Now I need help picking a from kenwoods website, also a little question. I'm good putting everything but I don't fully understand how the amps work, I want to if possible hook up my speakers to the same amp as the bass or something like that is that possible and can someone recommend me one from kenwoods website? Thank you in advance!

Kemwood only makes a few decent Head units and a few decent amps.
If you want a all one brand setup there are better options.

Alpine or JBL.
I have a kenwood double din and speakers in my other truck and I like how it works no complains I'm just looking for the best amp for the set up I want from kenwood if possible. I know there's a bunch of other brands but I just like kenwood beats me why just do.

I have a kenwood double din and speakers in my other truck and I like how it works no complains I'm just looking for the best amp for the set up I want from kenwood if possible. I know there's a bunch of other brands but I just like kenwood beats me why just do.
if you are happy with it, then by all means get what you desire, but NO ONE would recommend kenwood equipment for a reason. Literally your almost at the bottom of the barrel. that being said. kenwoods 4 channels are very weak so bridging them would work but not adequately for the sub. your best bet is the 5 channel KAC-7005PS or get 2 amps the 9601D and whichever 4 channel you'd like

if you are happy with it, then by all means get what you desire, but NO ONE would recommend kenwood equipment for a reason. Literally your almost at the bottom of the barrel. that being said. kenwoods 4 channels are very weak so bridging them would work but not adequately for the sub. your best bet is the 5 channel KAC-7005PS or get 2 amps the 9601D and whichever 4 channel you'd like
Well I guess no kenwood if everyone is against it you guys know better than me so what other brands can I get a full setup? He said JBL and alpine any others?

it all depends on your budget, and how deep into this audio thing you want to go. it can get expensive REAL quick. to start what car and what budget?

it all depends on your budget, and how deep into this audio thing you want to go. it can get expensive REAL quick. to start what car and what budget?
I know it can, for budget I'll say TOPS $700 and it's a small ford ranger extended cab

what year? can you do a component set up front or don't want to go that into it and just want coaxials and there? how much space you willing on loosing?

what year? can you do a component set up front or don't want to go that into it and just want coaxials and there? how much space you willing on loosing?
1999, I have a box in mind already for 1 10" sub so the $700 is without the box I really want to spend $500 without the box. I just want to know what's a good brand and if I can hook up all the speakers and bass to the amp. Also if you can recommend the amp

if you have a "box in mind" its crap. Theres no such thing as a good pre fab. a subwoofer needs its own custom box tailored to its specifications. no ands ifs or buts. think of it like this

the subwoofer is a track runner, if he runs in a pair of shoes or big he'll be clumsy and slip and could fall. (box is too big, sub thinks its free airing) the runner has a pair of shoes to small, sure hell be able to run but it'll hurt him and won't perform well. (small box for the sub) and then the runner has a pair of shoes hat perfect, ( custom tailored box) the runner or sub will perform excellent in every aspect. There is no such thing as a universal box.

what music do you listen to? i see you are pretty set on using ONE amp huh? will you run 2, or 4 speakers?

if you have a "box in mind" its crap. Theres no such thing as a good pre fab. a subwoofer needs its own custom box tailored to its specifications. no ands ifs or buts. think of it like thisthe subwoofer is a track runner, if he runs in a pair of shoes or big he'll be clumsy and slip and could fall. (box is too big, sub thinks its free airing) the runner has a pair of shoes to small, sure hell be able to run but it'll hurt him and won't perform well. (small box for the sub) and then the runner has a pair of shoes hat perfect, ( custom tailored box) the runner or sub will perform excellent in every aspect. There is no such thing as a universal box.

what music do you listen to? i see you are pretty set on using ONE amp huh? will you run 2, or 4 speakers?
Anything really I want the bass to be loud but at the same time I don't want it to completely over power the speakers. If I can do everything 4 speakers and a bass with one amp I'll be happy

well for your budget what will get you loud is a custom ported box, that will be key.

I'm trying to build you something on amazon and everything is going over your budget.

theres a 10" version of the subwoofer on soundqubeds website, and you'll need to buy a 4 channel rca set.

and then a custom subwoofer box from CSCStang. this is assuming you don't mind loosing space in the back. idk if you have seats or not

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

in such small trucks you don't need 4 speakers, one good set of components upfront is all you need. i run one set of components only in both of my truck and car and they are more than enough for what i have

well for your budget what will get you loud is a custom ported box, that will be key.
I'm trying to build you something on amazon and everything is going over your budget.

theres a 10" version of the subwoofer on soundqubeds website, and you'll need to buy a 4 channel rca set.

and then a custom subwoofer box from CSCStang. this is assuming you don't mind loosing space in the back. idk if you have seats or not

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

in such small trucks you don't need 4 speakers, one good set of components upfront is all you need. i run one set of components only in both of my truck and car and they are more than enough for what i have
So let's say I go for the kenwood set up can you recommend me a amp that would work for the set of speakers and bass?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.