competition worthy?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrbadwrench
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
Obviously not looking into doing SPL with only ~1200watts rms and 2x 10's but maybe a sq competition? with the rig listed in my signature. Wondering if it looks like the setup is even worthy of entering something like that. Also an estimated SPL i should be shooting for if i was to get metered?

A lesser output bass setup does not put you into the realm of SQ instead of SPL, nor does a list of equipment. If you want to compete, do it to learn and have fun.

2 things.

1 i competed at meca world finals with 1500rms and a single 15. took 2nd in m1 with a 148, guy that took first did a 151 with the same equipment stats, just a more efficient vehicle/enclosure.

2. audio is and always will be 10% equipment and 90% application!

SQ is relative to individuals but well defined in the install and judging requirements in MECA, IASCA, and USACi. start by visiting their sites and reading the respective documents.

just about any products can be used to develop an "SQ" system, but after hundreds of hours of changing/tweaking the install to satisfy the acoustical issues and tuning to satisfy the electrical/signal issues. you can reference my build log to see what i did in the quest for SQ. i had several SQ comp worthy systems in my 2001 Accord. the new one will be even better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.