Comparing these two

Which would you think would be better
Precision Power 900.5

or

Pioneer GM-D9605

Just powering a set of JBL 6.5 comps and single 12" JBL CS1214. They are both right around same price.
Price would the biggest factor between the two. The mono of both amps tested at rated. I haven't looked but is one more powerful than the other?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Price would the biggest factor between the two. The mono of both amps tested at rated. I haven't looked but is one more powerful than the other?
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
The Pioneer is $10 cheaper right now and it is, 75 x 4 350 x 1

The PP900.5 is 70 watts x 4 270 watts x 1

The Pioneer is $10 cheaper right now and it is, 75 x 4 350 x 1
The PP900.5 is 70 watts x 4 270 watts x 1
i know that back in the day, Pioneer car audio was NOTORIOUS about overstating their output, not sure if this is still the case, but something to consider. That being said, ever since PPI was sold by A/D/S/T and DEI both kinda hard to trust the brand.

What about the Skar Audio RP-600.5? I am not looking to put a lot of money in this truck because I will probably be trading it in in less than a couple years. already have the Comps, waiting on figuring out an amp before ordering the sub.

Which would you think would be better
Precision Power 900.5

or

Pioneer GM-D9605

Just powering a set of JBL 6.5 comps and single 12" JBL CS1214. They are both right around same price.
You plan on leaving the amp and speakers and sub in the vehicle and sell the vehicle?

Id buy used amps for this install and save your money to buy what you really want for the next vehicle.For the comps up front assuming they are 2 ohm version JBL components id get something like this herealpine 3552 4 channel amp old school | eBay
Yes, leaving everything in the truck when I sell. The speakers i got are 3 ohm. I can still return them and get the Polk DB series if i can save money with the amp. The soundstream is $10 cheaper than the Skar amp, but i doubt it does as much power as you are saying with only a 40 amp fuse in it. I honestly don't know anything about Skar, and I have never had an amp with the fuses on the board instead of exterior. The Comps only call for 60w rms to each side. and the rears are just staying stock, not even sure if i will hook them up. (probably will but i doubt they last long)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

joker0907

10+ year member
Joker
joker0907
indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date