Comparing Polk Momo and Alpine Type-X Comps

Well if you like to hear stuff, then go with the momos, but i can assure you they arent even in the same leauge. That is all Good luck.

Well if you like to hear stuff, then go with the momos, but i can assure you they arent even in the same leauge. That is all Good luck.
I don't consider hearing a speaker running on deck power any benefit. So the fact that a local shop sells them doesn't help much.

I like the Type X Tweeters. Very similar to a Vifa Xt19 but w/ a neo magnet.
The tweeters are what made me consider the Type-Xs in the first place.

Both the mids and tweets of the Type X are a variant of Vifa XT speakers. Vifa makes them exclusively for Alpine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i love polk stuff. (nothing dB except the subs). I haven't heard the type-X's, considering i'm in the same predicament as you

(in fact, same with the MOMO stuff, but well...i have it now anyway)

polk is good stuff, and the warranty is good and they stand by their product,

so i say go with SR's. Your going to be spending money, so save up more and buy what you really want!

I don't consider hearing a speaker running on deck power any benefit. So the fact that a local shop sells them doesn't help much.
Well myself, and others have gave you our thoughts. You will have to make the end decision on ur own. Good luck

Well myself, and others have gave you our thoughts. You will have to make the end decision on ur own. Good luck
Clearly. I guess I will have to see how good of a deal Exile will give me on those speakers. I can get the Type-Xs for under $200 for a pair. I can't imagine that the Exiles are worth $150 more than the Alpines. Do you mind me asking what you paid for yours? You can even PM me if you want. I just want to know what type of "deal" I can expect from them.

Considering your having a hard time finding anywhere local to listen, this information will probably be worthless to you. But I was about ->

Give us your short list of what you feel would be good picks from all the suggestions. We'll put them in order for you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Give us your short list of what you feel would be good picks from all the suggestions. We'll put them in order for you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
There have only been two suggestions other than the initial two.

• HSK 165— I'd never heard of them. I looked at them on the Hertz website (http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm) and what's written there is the extent of my knowledge.

• Exile Xtec— They look like a quality speaker. I don't know if they're any nicer than the Type-X. The real kicker for me is what I can actually get them for. They retail for $350, but I'd have to get them direct from the manufacturer due to lack of dealers in my region. The manufacturer seems willing to deal, but that remains to actually be seen.

• Alpine Type-X— Very nice drivers from Vifa, including a ring-radiator tweeter. Insanely nice crossover. I've found them online for a little under $200/pair.

• Polk Momo MMC6500— The biggest thing these have going for them is the price. I have a local hookup where I can get these for near wholesale cost.

My overall thoughts are to make an offer to Exile for about $200 since that's the price I have for the Alpines, or to just get the Alpines since most people seem to think they're quite nice. Then there's that little part of me wondering if I shouldn't just go grab the Momos for really cheap. Anyways, there's that. I'm the most indecisive person I know.

Here's my ordering:

1. Exile Xtec (if you can get them for around $200)

2. Alpine Type X

3. Polk Momo

4. Hertz HSK

If you are strictly trying to satisfy a tight budget, then I would order them like this:

1. Polk Momo (near wholesale price like you mentioned)

2. Alpine Type X

3. Exile Xtec

4. Hertz HSK

I personally don't know of anyone using the Hertz HSK's and I've never heard them, so I must go by what I do have experience with and place them at the bottom of the list.

Like mentioned above, go with the exiles, or the alpines. Much better than that momo garbage.
MOMO Garbage, you have no idea what your talking about!?

MOMO's then all the rest man. I'm tellin' ya it'll be the best buy! They not only are cheap like your mentioning but will sound better then all the rest of those speakers, guranteed!

-Nick-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Suomi

10+ year member
clutch pedal required
Suomi
Lansing, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date