Compareable Double Din to Pioneer 80PRS?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pauli18c

Chicago
Is there a double DIN unit that compares to the Pioneer 80PRS deck in terms of sounds quality and equalization?

I have a 2011 F150 FX4, running off the stock HU with a PAC adapter. A single DIN deck will look rather silly with the dash setup, so I was hoping to go Double DIN while gaining some features. Would like to have aux, bluetooth, USB, etc. Also wouldn't mind adding Navi while I'm at it.

Steering wheel controls would still be nice to have, all I used sync for was connecting bluetooth so that's not as big for me.

Last Double Din unit I had was an Eclipse AVN726e, so it's been a while.

I don't have a plan to run active at the moment, but wouldn't mind the option for in the future.

System is:

Fronts - Hertz ML1600 with Zapco Tweets and x-overs

Rears - Image Dynamics XS65 with Zapco Tweets and x-overs

Subs - (2) Image Dynamic IQD-10 D4 in a ported Fox Box

Alpine PDX-F6

Memphis PR1000.1

You can get 3-way network mode with time alignment but not a separate left and right equalizer. Navigation would be through AppRadio mode on AVH-X5700BHS - <b>NEW!</b> - DVD Receiver with 7" Motorized Display, Bluetooth®, Siri® Eyes Free, SiriusXM-Ready™, HD Radio™, Android™ Music Support, Pandora®, and Dual Camera Inputs | Pioneer Electronics USA or you can pay a lot for the nav add-on box. We use ASWC-1 for steering wheel controls. If you look up your vehicle at metraonline.com you will find 5 choices for dash kits to match the stock trim.

Let me know what you think of the Pioneer.

I was actually looking at that exact unit, the Pioneer AVH-X5700. Sound quality is there in these units?

I was wondering how the Nav would work though with a phone, I have a Samsung S6. I've never seen this setup in real life, or seen any real good pictures of it as to how it looks on the screen. Can you still play music and everything while the navi is going?

You seem to have a pretty similar build, I take it you're happy with the pioneer?

I think Pioneer sounds decent overall. It definitely is a plus to have time alignment. I don't mind a good parametric EQ but the graphic EQ has enough bands to do some work.

Samsung S6 is not on the current list of compatible phones for Appradio One. AppRadio One | Pioneer Electronics USA

You could, however, get 4100NEX and use your S6 with Android Auto. That phone was just updated this week to work with AA. I use my HTC One M8 with Android Auto all the time. It has been giving me a hard time now and then when I plug in the phone, but once Android Auto is going it's a nice experience. I was used to the NEX interface since I had 4000NEX last year, but it's taken a couple of weeks to adjust to Android Auto. NEX is very busy and resembles a tablet, while AA is really stripped down with few distractions.

What about using the Mirror Link technology, it says you can access maps. Or is the S6 not compatible with that either?

"Expanding on Pioneer’s philosophy to enable consumers stay connected, MirrorLink opens the door to more smartphones that feature MirrorLink technology. MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services and your phone to make calls on-the-go, hands-free of course."

What about using the Mirror Link technology, it says you can access maps. Or is the S6 not compatible with that either?
Check here: MirrorLink

MirrorLink doesn't always work even when both the phone and the head unit are compatible with the technology. I've heard too many times of problems, so much that I don't even mention it as a feature. I recommend you do a web search and try to find some real world testimonials.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.