comparable to brahma

squeak is just criticizing one of the major faults of this forum, people recommending **** theyve never heard themselves. for instance, i would never call a re xxx good since ive never heard it before but i can say "i hear theyre good according to reputable sources". (nowadays at least, who knows what stupid things i said when i first started out).
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

And, while I'm sure Ascendant makes great sounding subs.....it seems to be overwhelmingly present with them. People will actually state specifically how they sound and what "superwoofers" they will outperform, yet they have never heard one themselves. It is one of my pet peeves to begin with........and anymore it's just running rampant.

Anyways...00maxima, knowing the specs of the boxes is the only way to determine how they will perform in said boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Being in a ported box alone doesn't mean much, box size and tuning frequency is a very important factor.

I assume you've heard both, and compared them side by side with a Brahma?
ive never heard either but i do want to point out that while the sq may be similar do to thier identical motor technologies the AA need very large enclosures generaly. realy depends on what kind of power and space you have got... never heard a bad thing about either except for the tinsel lead slap on the brahmas.... looking at the t/s... for the most part the AA seem designed for home audio while the brahma is suited for in car use

ive never heard either but i do want to point out that while the sq may be similar do to thier identical motor technologies the AA need very large enclosures generaly. realy depends on what kind of power and space you have got... never heard a bad thing about either except for the tinsel lead slap on the brahmas.... looking at the t/s... for the most part the AA seem designed for home audio while the brahma is suited for in car use
would you call 3.5cuft ported for the ava 15 big???

i loved my idmax 12s and they were in 6 cubes with 100 sq in of port and still sounded really good. i had them sealed too for a little while and the sq was better than anything else ive had and a lot i had heard. i would look into them. they handle a good bit of power too i had 2 12s on a memphis 2000d with 1200 rms to each and never had a problem but the box was tuned low and i never played volume master with them. they are great subs.

my XXXs sounded pretty good too.

I assume you've heard both, and compared them side by side with a Brahma?
Don't know if he has, but I have, it is a fair comparison. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The thread starter asked about 12's. I've played with dual Atlas 12" and single Avalanche 12", I've also played with a single 12" Brahma. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Comparable yes, different yes. If the thread starter posts box requirements, if I have used similar boxes, I'll comment. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Not everyone who comments on Ascendant and Adire and RE stuff hasn't heard it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They've each sold more than a few hundred drivers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Some of us have used or purchased all of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

would you call 3.5cuft ported for the ava 15 big???
yeah i would, but a flat alignment is about 4.2ft^3 and tuned to about 21hz....

i can think of a lot of other sub combos that would have more output and great sq taking up less volume. not a nock on AA every sub is different.... some people are nutty for sealed because they can play 20 hz on em.... the avalanch is the best of both worlds in that situation.

yeah i would, but a flat alignment is about 4.2ft^3 and tuned to about 21hz....i can think of a lot of other sub combos that would have more output and great sq
4.2 tuned to 21Hz, flat? Not in a car, at least in most cars. What are you using to determine if it is going to be flat or not?

Have you used an Avalanche to comment on it's SQ and be an authority on comparing it to other speakers?

What are you using to determine if there will be more output? Real world tests? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: Just read the thread where you said you haven't used either sub...how in the world are you commenting on SQ? I really don't understand that at all. All three subs I mentioned are capable of sounding awesome and capable of being flat in car down to the lowest 'needed' notes.

Unless you've actually used the drivers, I just don't see how you can say there are a lot of other sub combos that have "more output and great sq" without using the examples you provide and the product you are comparing to.

More than a handful of subs I thought would be great on paper left me wanting more and sorely dissappointed with buyers remorse. Now, most of the time I buys stuff, I glance at the specs and then see what it can really do by putting it in a number of different enclosures with different power levels.

A lot of times, the boxes I thought would be awesome were terrible and my least favorite.

My .02

the idmaxs had far better sq but i cannot really compare output as the 2 12s were in 6 cubes at 35 hz with 1200 rms each and my XXXs were 15s in 5 cubes each at 33 with 2400 rms each(the setups were far too different to make a halfway decent comparison)but i liked the idmax 12s better. they can handle a lot of power, sound real good, and got so **** loud for 2 12s. having had those amps if i could do it all over again i would definitely have gotten 2 more idmax 12s and ran 4 on the 2 memphis 2000s. boy i bet that would have been nasty.

all i could tell you about the boxes really is that they would be tuned in the mid 30's. but do you guys think the LI's would be good? i am open to other opinions, but i want to stay in the 500 dollar price range.

all i could tell you about the boxes really is that they would be tuned in the mid 30's. but do you guys think the LI's would be good? i am open to other opinions, but i want to stay in the 500 dollar price range.

2 soundsplinter rl-p 12's? haven't listened to the LI's but the rl-p's do sound quite nice. had mine tuned to 32 hz. and am gonna try it at 39 hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.