Comp Amp Shutting off around 35-40

Participant count
  • Participant list

JakeM
10+ year member

Houston
Is it possible that my sub amp (Clarion DPX1000.1) is pulling too much power and making my component amp(Clairon APX200.2) cut off for a short period of time? I am only running 8ga wire to a distroblock and runing both my amps off of that. Would simply upgrading my wire size fix this cutting out? It shuts off around 36-40 on my HU(Pioneer 6700MP). This problem is new to me and I have had this setup in my truck for a little over a month with no problem. I set my gains according to that formula on JL Audios website so I know thats not a problem but I would still like some feedback or suggestions. Thanks

The amp shuts on/off randomly after about 35 every few seconds but it comes back on but then shuts off again how it wants. I know its the amp b/c the LED comes on/off when the speakers shut off. Thanks agian for the help.

Are you having significant light dimming/voltage drop when this occurs?

Also, what impedance do you have the subwoofer amplifier running? Your wire gauge is too small for the amount of power you are running if you have the sub amp running into a relatively low impedance (aka high power output). That may or may not fix your problem....but something that should be done regardless.

thanks alot guys, ill do that tomorrow. The amp is pushing 2 0615" L7's at 500w a peice(2 ohms). I got some 4/0 wire ive been wanting to run anyway to compensate for my new amps(looking for some good 1500w ones) so Ill go ahead and do that tomorrow. Thanks again.

and yes, My lights dim horribly. My next purchase is a H/O Alt and Optima b4 I get the new amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.