Comments about the MTX RFL152....2000w RMS???

m83x
10+ year member

The Saint
Sydney
I just saw the RFL152 from the MTX website.. and i can say (for me) that its one of the most powerful sub with 2000 RMS power and 4000 peak! Will this really deliver that much power?, coz i've heard that kickers L7 solo barics are really the masters of the game with 1000/2000 RMS/Peak, but maaaann!!, 2000 watts RMS for this MTX monster.. thats a lot!! I'm not saying that this are better than kickers, but can someone tell me about this MTX, im really curious... Just want to here your opinions.

Definately the RFLs would blow the Kickers out of the water. (or out of the box in this case (actually come to think about it the RFL comes in a wooden crate not a box)

Yeah car audio god is right. The rfl is way up there with the Digital designs and mmats. The kickers are dogshit compared to that thing, that sub if blown can be rebuilt again while you are at competition, it comes with extra parts.

Has anybody heard the RFL?? I have never seen one in real life, let alone heard one. I guess the real reason is the price tag. That is one sub that I am not going to argue kicker over. I am a diehard kicker fan, but what I wouldnt give for a pair of those in my car:D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

i heard an rfl with 3 memphis 1000d amps hooked up to it at a comp and it beat my 4 mtx 8000 12's,2 2000 rms amps. That is the best sub on the market right now the thing weighs 56 pounds for gods sake. And the price is dropping every month on those they are i think at the lowest on the net right now for 450 a piece.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

2000 watts power handleing doesnt mean too much of anything. "the beefier" the sub doesnt mean louder either from back in the soundstream spl 160 days till now. team stream used spl 15's and not the 160 in their comp vans cause ...they got louder. my friend who took second at the 2001 db drags death match used the 3 rd in line shocker subs from 2 bigger subs from their line because they were more efficient and they didnt fall apart. same amps same hook up the "weaker" sub did alot better. the rfl's remind me of memphis lvs series and yes they are big and yes they look cool but what do they win? if they are the best where is the gold? and before you say "this sub is best" know the application you are going to be using it for parameters transfer function all these are very important in determaning what sub to use. (although this is extreme) you wouldnt go spl hunting with freeair mounted l7's in the trunk of a 90 caprice right? (and my friend ran huge huge huge earthquake amps with 45 batteries so the " not enough power theory" cant be used here)

If you read on the MTX RFL website, it says that they have bad sound quality, but they are REALLY loud. I personally wouldn't spend the money for that sub, I would rather spend the money on a MMATS Pro-Cast 12". Also with 4 1/2 inches of x-max with the RFL, don't you think your gonna have like no in-line with the music sound? All your gonna be a to listen to is Tone tests, I personally would rather have the Pro-Cast 12"s than the RFL.

Oh yeah Mobile Authority RULES!!!! Just kidding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.