Combining CDT and Infinity Question

Blazemore
10+ year member

Soundstream Aficionado
NC
I was just going with and all Infinity System. The dash has the Infinity 3 1/2 REF3002CF, the rear doors are going to have the 5 1/4 component REF5000CSl, and last Infinity Kappa 10 sub. As for the front I was looking for a better speaker for SQ. After reading about CDT Audio (seems like everyone is going that route), I was thinking of gettting the CDT Audio 6 1\2 CL-62 for the front doors.

Will combining reference Infinity's mess up the SQ of the CDT's? $150 is the budget for the front doors.

Power will come from a Soundstream D'artagnan 5.1 Amplifier

No, you'll be fine. Though I would suggest you investigate options other than just CDT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Don't get pulled in just because they are a forum boner.

RE, Focal, OZ Audio, Boston Acoustics, Rainbow and DLS all make good options in that price range.

lol i can remember cdt as being so so overall but good in its price range now people are swearing its awesome....i know as far as the braxial through classic lines (hd too) they arent anywhere near bostons, oz elite, jl zr, kicker ss and so forth i like the eurosports to a degree but they are really laid back. what would determin for me wether or not i went with cdt would be how i was going to be putting them in. if i was making kick panels forget it but if i were going to be using stock door locations and didnt want to dump alot of time or money into it to get good results i would use them because essentually that is what their design was ment for..real off axis response.

The system will be in a 2003 Dodge Quad Cab. CDT's would go in the front door stock locations and the tweeter would be mounted flush on the a-piller.

How would you go about picking one or the other? (which is one of the biggest posted threads) There's not a car audio shop near by that I could listen to each one (saying they even carried them) and make a choice that way.

I agree alot of the forum boner did lead me to CDT, but really thats all I have to go on and internet reviews.

Just trying to get my money's worth for $150. Which I know not alot when your looking at SQ, but then again budget and SQ dont' go in the same sentence either.

Anymore help?

Don't get pulled in just because they are a forum boner. QUOTE]
I couldn't agree more. I bought into the hype and ended up selling the CL62s after 3 months. I found them lacking.

As squeak says "investigate other options" before you settle.

I also agree the cdt's work best when mid is mounted IB and if u do go wit cdt get the ef-61's instead of the cl;s. The cl's are decent but like said before they are nothing special and the ef's are about the same price.

cdt would be good for that it really depends on what you compare it to/expectations
Out of curiosity what would be you choice within my budget? Expectations would be anything better than the ref infinity's I have now. A more detailed answer would just sound like another noob reply (that you already heard again, again) that wouldn't help you out anyway.

Expectations comparing to the 5 1/4 component REF5000CSl :

-crisp and unharsh tweet that doesn't hurt the ears, but still stand out with

the mid range and blends in.

-lot more vocals coming outta the midrange, not from the tweets

-better xovers points

-better built quality.

Any Suggestions on what set?

but really thats all I have to go on and internet reviews.
And that's fine. That's the way most of us are here. Find the top 5 to 10 most commonly recommended comp sets in your price range; and then just search and search and search some more. And don't just search here, search on other forums aswell (such as http://www.soundillusions.net, http://www.caraudioforum.com, http://www.elitecaraudio.com, http://www.carsound.com, etc etc). Read as many reviews of as many products as you can, and try to find a set that seems to have the main qualities you are looking for.

but then again budget and SQ dont' go in the same sentence either.
Blah....don't think that way. Remember, stereos are 95% install. It's just as easy to make a good set sound bad as it is to make a decent set sound excellent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It's all in how you utilize what you have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

id go dls i heard a set of the basket ball lookin speakers and actually thought they were not weak nor timid i was suprised. r6a i do believe was the model maybe the up6 but in the price range i was sure it was the r6a i could see the tweeter

Are there any internet dealers (in the US) that sell Rainbow or DLS speakers, just trying to find prices etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.