Northwest Region colorado

AK,CO,ID,MT,ND,OR,SD,WY,WA
Tig is a better weld for body panels, less heat, less heat = less panel warping. Less panel warping = less body work, less body work = less bondo, less bondo = better chances of cracked body work. or something like that. LOL Not that Toms 4 15's will EVER EVER flex the doors enough to crack bondo.. but just sayin. LMAO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
wll i think he did a pretty good job knockin the handle off in the first place LOL he also needs to seal the rear hatch so he dont knock the bondo out

Lol well in this case TIG is worst because you apply the heat longer something just doing tack welds with MIG would be better for thats why all body shops use MIG's real easy to warp 22 gauge steel with a TIG weld.

If you say so.. I'm not a welder, just been told TIG is better for body work than mig. :::shrugs::: not my gig tho. I say turn it up and let the body parts fall as they may. LOL

lol to bad i don't have a vid when it fell off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif. Got pics to prove

If you say so.. I'm not a welder, just been told TIG is better for body work than mig. :::shrugs::: not my gig tho. I say turn it up and let the body parts fall as they may. LOL
lets start a destruction class who ever can do the most damage wins LOL

you need to brace the **** out of that back hatch first, and i dont think very many shops are going to warranty it because if your system, but if they do they need to use a flexable bondo so it will cast more.

you need to brace the **** out of that back hatch first, and i dont think very many shops are going to warranty it because if your system, but if they do they need to use a flexable bondo so it will cast more.
whos this? welcome to the forum!

lol. I am just looking for a shop. When you tried to shave your handle did you just take em off or were you gonna weld some fillers in btw?

you got the 2nd rf t4000 in yet?

hey nismo I'm going out to my father-in-laws house saturday to work on my van so if you want to come out and see if my brother will weld up your hatch lmk
hell yah. Sure i would. I got the filler sheet already cut and ready to weld on

this is danial with the lumina

mine was a little different when i took mine out because the way my door is all i had to do was remove internals and weld the inside part of the door handle.. but keep in mind when something goes wrong you need an manual way to get into car if you dont and the battery dies or your remote access goes out you are in trouble. and did not get the other t4k.. going to work on mids and highs and the electrical system

mine was a little different when i took mine out because the way my door is all i had to do was remove internals and weld the inside part of the door handle.. but keep in mind when something goes wrong you need an manual way to get into car if you dont and the battery dies or your remote access goes out you are in trouble. and did not get the other t4k.. going to work on mids and highs and the electrical system
what up man? shoot if i knew it was you I would of let you in on the mdf buy! $16 a sheet (well 2 4ftx4ft) peice's

its not the door handles I am shaving just the handle that fell off from the car when bass racing that show(hatch). Got the door actuator installed and have a manual way to open it if something happens which is nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ecaREJECT

10+ year member
ecaREJECT
IN the united states of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from