cold weather + systems = ???

luckiebrand13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Illinois
I have noticed a few people talking about how they have taken their systems out for winter. What is the reason behind this? I have never removed my system in the winter for the past 4 years and the cold doesnt seem to effect anything. Do you know something that I do not? I have just put over 2500 into my stereo and am curious to know if the winter can take a toll on my stereo.

I live in -30 to -50 celcius weather and I dont take mine out. I do sometimes, if its really cold turn the preout volume down just as a precaution to conserve all the battery juice I can.

As far as SQ goes, It basically get all shot to Sh*t because of all the snow and ice everything squeaks. And overall output I noticed is decreased a small amount.

i love paper cones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

no need to warm them up

I wish we had "moisture" we get friggin SNOW and frostbite 6 months a year!
Winnipeg is cold.

I went there for a wedding from AB.

Brrrrr

This topic comes up every November/December. The general concensus is always the same - let your stuff warm up for a bit, then you'll be fine. If you live in an extremely cold environment (-20C or below for much of the winter), make sure your battery is up to the job, because cold weather puts a lot more stress on it with the heat/defrost running more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.