coils?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chevy808
10+ year member

Hi
Does having dual coils make a difference?? Is it better to have dual or single. I'm thinking about buying the 10k, I have a JBL 600.1, the rms for the 10k is about 325rms, if I am not mistaken. Should I buy the single coil 4 ohm and give the sub 300 watts or should I buy the dual 4 ohm and run it in paralell? Would 600 watts be too much?

Wiring options, my friend.

With a SVC 4ohm K series, you would be able to wire your sub like this:

1_4ohmSVC_4ohm.gif

With a DVC 4ohm K series, you would be able to wire your sub like this:

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

or

1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

DVC will give you more flexibility when it comes to wiring. Also a good choice if you plan on purchasing an additional K series driver down the line.

Would I send 600 watts to a K? Probably not...it doesnt need that much - it is a very efficient driver. Hope that helps.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.