Coaxial Speakers + Separate Tweeters?

Hey guys!

I drive a 2008 Hyundai Accent and I am looking to replace my front stock speakers (bottom of door) and my front tweeters (top of door). A component system is within my budget, however, I was wondering if I can get better sound from a pair of coax speakers and a separate pair of tweeters. Both pairs are in front, coax will sit on bottom of the door and tweeters sit on top. Would that be too many tweeters, and should I just be looking into getting a component system?

Also, I am installing a new stereo, rear subwoofer, and amp for my front speakers.

Thanks for the feedback

Hey guys!
I drive a 2008 Hyundai Accent and I am looking to replace my front stock speakers (bottom of door) and my front tweeters (top of door). A component system is within my budget, however, I was wondering if I can get better sound from a pair of coax speakers and a separate pair of tweeters. Both pairs are in front, coax will sit on bottom of the door and tweeters sit on top. Would that be too many tweeters, and should I just be looking into getting a component system?

Also, I am installing a new stereo, rear subwoofer, and amp for my front speakers.

Thanks for the feedback
no one here will tell u coax sounds better than comps.. i have coax in bottom of door and kept factory tweet at top, works fine, coax just don't have as good midbass and over all "tone" as comps..

no one here will tell u coax sounds better than comps.. i have coax in bottom of door and kept factory tweet at top, works fine, coax just don't have as good midbass and over all "tone" as comps..
thats not the main reason. The actual reason is soundstage. Coax, the sound is stuck by the legs and you cant really see the music. With tweeters up higher on axis, it helps the imagine and you start having a proper sound stage.

Completely agree with the replies here that components are the better options. I myself an old schooler where i like to put my tweeter with pods and put them on top of my dashboard on axis! Ppl will say its not safe etc but man i want to show them nice looking tweeters for everyone to see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.