Coaxial speaker recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everyone, first time posting here.

I'm very, very new to car audio. A friend of mine installed my first "system" about a year ago in May. Well, I finally managed to blow my speakers. All four of them. So, now I'm looking to replace them, but to be honest was never quite happy with the ones I have (not to mention my subs completely overpowering them). I honestly couldn't tell you the model. They were JVC's. Two 6.5's in the door, two 6x9s in the rear deck. They weren't particularly pricey and I just bought the first thing the guy at the audio shop recommended.

Right now, what I have besides the blown speakers are:

Stock Head Unit

Boss Riot R2000M

Two JL Audio 12" (W-series) in a ported box. (Bought it from the Audio place already in box)

4 Gauge Power wire.

I'm looking to replace the speakers now because they're blown and summer is coming up. Afterwards, will be saving for a head unit, and a 4-channel amp for them, so while they might not need to be too beefy for my stock head unit, I'd rather not have to upgrade them once I upgrade everything else.

I have a 2006 Chevy Impala LT. I mostly listen to Rap/Hip-hop and heavy metal, Hard rock at full volume. My budget is $140-$160 in total for both sets. And I need to be able to get them from amazon. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to buy, look for, brand suggestions? I am completely lost when it comes to anything technical so if possible keep it simple?

Thanks guys!

What's conisdered a high sensitivity?
Any opinion on the pioneer's suggested?
if running speakers off the h/u,i usually shoot for a sensitivity of 90 or higher.

The pioneers suggested are a good choice. But check out Sonics site. They have several to choose from. Good prices,fast shipping and Ive had nothing but poistive experiences with them

Alright, ended up going a little crazy and ordered the Pioneers that were recommended, along with the Pioneer FHX-720BT head unit and everything needed to install it. Hopefully hooking up the wiring harness isn't beyond my comprehension. Still no 4 channel amp yet, but it's a start.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.